Iphone 10 drops connection, won't connect, or has no voice in the home
Bill1977

We recently cut the cable cord and at the same time adjusted our internet speed.  As we did this (speed xfinity from 400 bps to 50 bps and now back to 300 bps) we can no longer place, receive, and / or maintain (dropping) calls in our home.  As soon as are outside the internet range of our home, we have no problem with the phones.  

We have unplugged the wi-fi and physically removed it and still have the same problem.  We did not previously have the wi-fi connectivity turned on the phones for calling (only for data on our phones) so I don't think that is the issue.

I am stumped.  All devices work on the internet but the phones are impacted.  We have 50 bps of internet via xfinity at another location and the connections on the phones work fine there and everywhere else.

I don't get it.  Help!  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 10 drops connection, won't connect, or has no voice in the home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Bill1977. Suddenly having call quality issues in your home would certainly be alarming, and I am here to help. You mention that this happened when you reduced the speed of your internet. Did this happen immediately after the change? To clarify as well, none of the users in your home are using Wi-Fi Calling on their devices?*Stanley

0 Likes