Iphone XR dropping calls
whitegolf

New Iphone XR, keeps dropping calls immediately after connecting to caller. Within 2-3 seconds.

Will only work if I power phone on and off, then it will accept calls until I leave the area again. It happens everywhere, every city, inside/outside, day/night. Also loses internet signal, until I power phone on and off.

It's dangerous. What if I need to call emergency services and can't connect?

It seems to be a system error. Never had this problem with Verizon before. Been a customer for 16 years. No problems until buying the Iphone XR in December 2018.

Tried all the resets via customer service. Tried enabling/disabling LTE. Tried voice/data on and off. Tried data only. Tried voice only. Nothing fixes the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone XR dropping calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable device is a must, Whitegolf. We want to ensure you are able to use your device as intended, ASAP. I understand that you have previously completed troubleshooting but this has not yet yielded a fix. When you notice the call drop or data, are you seeing “no service” shown in the signal indicator section of the device? Can you also explain what resets were completed or how they were completed so we do not repeat any steps? The correct selection for LTE will be for both Voice and Data roaming to be turned on. This will not incur any additional charges but will allow the device to receive the best possible signal. Looking forward to hearing back. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
kennoncrawford
Enthusiast - Level 1
is there a fix to the iphone xr dropping calls? is it a verizon issue or an apple issue? VERIZON SUPPORT if you actually respond, please do not respond with your typical questions back.....please. i have seen no productive thread on this topic - which is truly shocking on this "$1000+ device", quoting a previous frustrated client. i would truly like to know if anyone has seen this issue resolved and if so- what were the steps taken to achieve resolution?
0 Likes
NickelPickel

I just joined Verizon today for this VERY problem on Xfinity Mobile. I tried two different iPhone XS Max devices. I am really worried to see this post. I haven't tried my new line yet. I can tell you it is not the service provider. It is a operating system error. Apple even places a app on my last iPhone to monitor each inbound/outbound call and made a snapshot of the phone system wide and it would email its self back to Apple. We never got anywhere. After one month of this monitoring I was thanked for shareing  analytics.. I was like what the heck! No resolution.. I am beginning to see how big a problem this is; it started after the update on IOS for the xs max devices that would not charge when cable inserted if the device was idle and screen off. Since that update, it started and never went away.. so-

0 Likes
bruce625
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the problem with my iphoneX. i have tried all the selfhelp to no avail. i seem to have more dropped calls at home where Verizon shows on the map as "excellent 4G LTE".  I have one bar and most time it shows 1X.  For a long time Verizon says they are aware of the problem and techs are working on it.  no updates even though i submittted an email address. after 20 or more years and now i cant make calls from home.  

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Do you have Wifi at home. Do you have Wifi calling turned on?

0 Likes