Locked!
JL876

My iPhone XS was unlocked. That is, until I had the internal eSim activated. I activated the eSim and transferred my number to it in order to use the physical Sim slot for a foreign Sim while traveling. Since I did that however, I have not been able to use my travel Sim. I have a OneSim card I use for travel. I have used it before, on the same phone, prior to activating the eSim. It will still work in my wife’s phone, but not in mine. My wife’s VW Sim will work in my external Sim slot. 
VW insists my phone is unlocked. OneSim says it’s locked. VW says it’s an Apple problem. Apple says it’s a VW problem. I have gone back and fourth multiple times with upper level tech support and VW insists the phone is unlocked. Help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Locked!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JL876, we are saddened to hear that you have needed to work so diligently on this matter. Typically, as the locks are undone automatically, once the phone is unlocked the eSim is also. Please respond to our Private Message so we may view yours. LorenB_VZW 

• If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JL876

I have been going back and forth with VW since March with this issue. I am extremely frustrated. Please help me to unlock my external SIM. I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for thirty plus years but this will make me switch.

0 Likes
JL876

The link in the email you sent me results in a blank page. BTY your email implies the phone was unlocked after the eSim was activated. If you read my message thoroughly you would understand that my external physical sim was locked again after, or probably at the time, the eSim was activated. Your email was not helpful

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the inconvenience, and would like to resend the email with the information needed. Please look for the Private Note we will send you, so we can take a closer look.

0 Likes