Message* not connecting palm not receiving text
Ainttraci
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to use a palm with my iPhone.  Have message+ just sits saying connecting to network and have removed and reinstalled twice, turn phone off and on, can't receive text on Palm but can send. Yes I am connected to WiFi.  Very frustrated been trying to get this palm going for over a week . Help! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message* not connecting palm not receiving text
jav6
Champion - Level 3

In order for a device to use Integrated Message+ it has to be a line on your account.  Is your 'palm' on your account as such?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ainttraci, we're sorry to read that you're having issues with receiving texts on your Palm. The troubleshooting that you have done on your own is greatly appreciated. Is the Palm an active line on your account? What happens when you turn the Wi-Fi off on your Palm? You'll need to first set up Integrated Messaging. Please reference, "3. How do I subscribe to Integrated Messaging?" in this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/#tablet Can you please tell us what steps you get stuck on? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Ainttraci
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes it is 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If you look at your account (My Verizon app or web site) and look at your 'Add-Ons' does Text Messaging show up when you expand your lines (iPhone and Palm)?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ainttraci
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes connected to WiFi on both phone and palm.  Turned WiFi on and off on both.  I already did exactly what the link said twice still not receiving text on palm.   I can send 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you haven't already, you should verify that you have turned off iMessages on your iPhone to make sure all text messages that are received by the iPhone as SMS or MMS messages. 

Also the Palm phone is intended to be connected to the Verizon Wireless network. The sync between the main phone (iPhone) and the secondary phone (Palm) might need to occur through the Verizon Wireless network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, we appreciate it. Being able to use the message is essential and we want to help you in the best way possible. Is the pre-installed message app working or are you having issues with that app as well? Besides, the text messages on the Palm, is any other service being impacted? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Ainttraci
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything else in Palm seems to be fine just can't receive messages.   Message+ on iPhone just its trying to connect but never does. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details. We want to make sure we understand exactly what you're experiencing. From what you mentioned, the Message+ app never opens on your iPhone? If it does, when do you experience the connection that never completes?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes