My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
DONNER_CHRIS
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I am making or receiving a call on my new IPhone Xr the call will drop after about 6 seconds.  I can reset my network settings or turn my phone off and back on and it will work for that call then does the same thing again.

Labels (1)
Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Donner_Chris, 

It's imperative we get down to the bottom of your phone calls dropping. I know how important it is to ensure you have a device that is reliable. I appreciate you for taking those steps to reset the network and I'm sorry those steps did not work. However, we're going to find the best solution for you. Please share more details with me. How long has this been happening? Does this happen to every call or just with a certain number? What is the latest software the phone is on? (http://spr.ly/6589ErrHP)

JenniferL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

DONNER_CHRIS
Enthusiast - Level 1

It has been happening since I got the phone in January. I took it back to the Verizon store and was told Apple was working on an update that would fix it. It happens on every call, incoming and outgoing. I can reset my phone make or receive a call then it will start dropping calls again. The latest software on my phone is IOS 12.1.4

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, Donner_Chris. Let's continue working on this together to see what is causing this problem with the dropped calls. Let's get some additional details. Is this happening at a specific location or in multiple locations? Also, are you using Wi-Fi calling on your device? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204165 If so, does this problem also happen when using Wi-Fi calling. Keep me posted.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

fjohansing
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this issue, please help.

chak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apple replaced the phone, and after two weeks problem has returned!!

chak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before the replacement, we asked had reset the network and asked Verizon to reinstate the network, that didn't not help at all.

0 Likes
Phillip3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my iPhone XS. Have had it replaced through Verizon and that didn’t help. Also replaced the SIM card and reset the phone through iTunes (not just on the phone itself). Nothing is helping. I’ve called Verizon 4 or 5 times and tried something different every time. They told me they would follow up to see if the fix helped and nobody has ever called me back about anything. Extremely frustrating for a $1,000+ phone. 

dshryer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  I have tried resetting network settings, rebooting phone, resetting phone to factory settings and starting over, even got a replacement phone from Verizon - none of this made any difference.  It works ok for a while then all of a sudden with not errors or messages it just starts dropping calls after 5 to 8 seconds (just enough time to say hello).  It does it for incoming and outgoing calls.  Once it starts, it continues until i reboot the phone and then it is ok for a while again (have not been able to see a pattern, sometime a few days, sometimes a couple of weeks; but, it always comes back).  Someone at Apple or Verizon needs to figure out what is causing it, I manage multiple company accounts with upwards of 500 devices and will not purchase another iPhone X-anything (r, s, etc) until there is a known fix for this issue.  Luckily, for now at least we can still buy earlier versions of the iPhone; but, i am sure that will not last forever so if Apple wants to continue to be our preferred device, someone needs to take this issue seriously.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dshryer,

I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles with your calls. We can relate to how important it is to be able to place and receive calls without losing your connection. I thank you for your attempts. Describe what happens when you drop a call. What is heard in the line? What appears on your display? Are you connected to WiFi when this happens?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes