Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1978malibu, 

I am so sorry to hear that your new phone has started demonstrating frequent dropped calls! I want to help turn this around, so you can enjoy your device once again. What is your city and closest intersection, so we can check your coverage and any alerts in your area? Do you know of any other Verizon customers in your area who are currently having issues with calling? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
1978malibu

I live in Bozeman, MT. The closest intersection is South 3rd and Grant.

0 Likes
rtperna
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter's XR also drops calls after about six seconds.  I was able to fix this via a Verizon post suggesting turning the LTE from "Voice & Data" to "Data Only" in the cellular settings, but this is obviously a band aid since she can't use her phone while talking.  Is there any kind of an ETA for a fix for this?  It's been going on for months!  No other iPhones in our family do this (a 7, 8 Plus, Xs...).   Thanks!

0 Likes
1978malibu

My Zip Code is 59715. What is Verizon doing to address this problem of dropped calls on the Apple XR?

0 Likes
Wpeltz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with you.  Apple has replaced the phone, new SIM, problem returns.  Very frustrating when spending this kind of money.

0 Likes
Wpeltz
Enthusiast - Level 1

NicholeK_VZW

With all due respect, you keep asking the same questions to each member.  No matter what suggestion that has been made, the problem returns.  Phone calls all over the country, indoors and outdoors, wifi and network, any phone number, incoming and outgoing, drop in 7-8 seconds.  The phone beeps and the call is lost.  Restarting the phone doesn't work, setting the VTE only, doesn't work.  Phones have been replaced, SIM cards have been replaced.  How do we get answers?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amdowell87, having 2 iPhone XR phones and experiencing call dropping issues can be frustrating, especially if it's your main form of communication. Thanks for clarifying the steps you have completed. We researched the zip codes provided and no outages/alerts have been reported. Let's gather some more details. Aside from the dropped calls, any other problems (texts/data)? Any recent changes (new update, new apps, etc.)? Are the dropped calls with certain numbers or all the numbers you contact?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Amdowell87
Enthusiast - Level 2

No new apps, phone was updated when I got it (April 6, 2019). No specific numbers are affected more or less often—it happens with my fiancée or with my bank. Landline or cellular. Unfortunately, if there isn’t a solution, I’ll be returning my phone by Friday. I switched from sprint to Verizon because I wanted better coverage and dependability and, at the moment, it’s seeming like a waste of my time and money.

0 Likes
fokyouverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

So this thread is 2 and a half months old and you still haven't fixed the frikkin issue. I begrudgenly switched to apple and this garbage with the Iphoney right out of the box. Fix the issue or shove the phone up your butt.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rtperna, I completely understand where you're coming from, like your daughter; I like being able to use the internet and talk at the same time. We've definitely been taking the information we've received in this forum, and sharing it with our partners at Apple. I've added your information to our working group on the issue. Right now we're working with Apple to investigate what's happening. Once we've worked with Apple some more, we'll be able to come up with a better resolution. I hope you find this information helpful.

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes