Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.

I switched to Verizon from Sprint due to network issues. 

I am paying more after switching to Verizon thinking that I would get great service. I ported 4 lines from Sprint. Three out of 4 lines never worked properly. I visited the store where they reset some settings. The problem comes back. I talked with online rep who did the reset and again after a while the problem came back. Last time about couple weeks or so ago they told me that someone will call me back to tackle the problem. NEVER GOT A CALL. Horrible customer service.

On three lines (2 XR and 1 Iphone 7) we are forced to use facetime which uses data and then they charge more for Data when we run out. 

It has been pain since I moved all my lines to Verizon thinking I would not have to face connectivity/signal issues. 

I am at this point that I would probably go back to Sprint since they at least have great customer service. 

Switching to Verizon = Higher cost + Horrible customer service + failed signal

IRFAN JAT
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please be sure to delete your phone number as this is a public forum, your privacy, and secure information is at risk. 

Having trouble when you first start service is not how we want to start things off. Rest assured we will provide you the help that you need. The last thing we'd want is for you to go back to your previous provider.

I will also send you a private message to best assist with your port-in and address any account concerns.

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
Kellykoz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same problem, with husbands phone! What’s fix Verizon??

It looks to me this is going on for some time (January 2019) without resolve. That’s 8 months of customer complaints! In this thread alone, I’ve just read 11 pages of customer complaints with the same q’s being asked and remaining unanswered countless times. I had to skim toward the end bc it was some ridiculously repetitive without resolve. If I’ve overlooked resolve, I’m happy to stand corrected  

Doesn’t seem too complicated; you have a large customer base with calls being dropped from iPhone X series devices. I’ll add the device runs extremely sluggish in every capacity, period. It cannot seem to execute  task.

Last nite, it dropped call Vz to Vz, XR to XR about 15/20 times consecutively. Then all of a sudden it works.

Sure seems obvious it’s isolated to your network with this series of iPhones! Why wouldn’t you work with Apple and get a permanent fix? 

Nothing works to resolve permanently, any measures are just a temp fix and it comes back.

I’m beyond completely frustrated! Like others, I just left ATT (12/2018) after over 20 years to join Verizon family. If this is how ya treat customer base, I too am rethinking the switch. 

It seems pointless to call Apple or Vz wireless as others have pointed out it’s been a big fat waste of their valuable time. 

A definitive answer with a comprehensive fix is what is needed. 

Anxiously awaiting the solution!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Kellykoz,

Apple recently released a new iOS update that addresses an issue with dropped calls. AS the update was recently released, it is currently being pushed out to XR and XS devices.

What iOS version are you currently running?

If you are not sure, go to Settings> General> Software Version to confirm.

Do you have Enable LTE set to Voice & Data? If you do not know, please go to Settings> Cellular> Cellular Data Options and tell us what you see here.

GinaU_VZW

Kellykoz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for prompt reply Gina. I will have him run update if he hasn’t already done so. 

Why question about the cellular setting? Does it make a difference for this matter? I’m not sure I follow why it’s relevant if 12.4 alleviates issue? Mostly why I ask, is bc he frequently travels to area where LTE isn’t available. Therefore, I do have him change that setting for what is consistently available, 3/4G. Otherwise, battery drains quickly trying to constantly “ping” for LTE. It has made a tremendous difference in battery performance if he does so when he’s in that area. 

Thank you in advance for clarification. 

0 Likes
OnUrSixx
Enthusiast - Level 1

iPhone 8 + 64 GB Black

IOS 12.4.1

Model Number MQ962LL/A

Verizon Network

So ive been messing around with all the settings for a while on a iPhone 8 Plus for one of my customers. After seeing all the problems that everyone was having I thought I would try to help. I was able to assist my customer by compleatly removing wifi calling AND turning the voice and data feature to data only. This can be accomplished by;

Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Enable LTE>Data Only

To turn off wifi calling;

Settings>Cellular>Wifi Calling>Wifi calling on this phone (turn this off)

Once this was done the phone started making calls no problem. Prior to this solution, I only attempted a network Settings Reset. Not for sure if this helped in the fix as I didnt attempt to make a call after I did this because of all the comments on this problem, but it couldnt hurt to give it a try if you havent already.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

I truly hope this helps some of you having the same issue! If it does, please let us know in this thread! If it does not, please let us know as well! I can assure everyone, This problem is just as frustrating for us as it is to you guys! Best of luck!

swc7531
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked - thanks!

0 Likes
warrenskeels
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a major issue that needs to be remedied and a credit for past months service needs to be made as reparations.  I have had the same issue with my son's iPhone XR since late February, but didn't notice as much during quarantine because he wasn't using it.  Now that we are out and about again, it is painfully obvious and a major issue in connecting with him. If this is an Apple problem, then they need to stop selling a knowingly faulted device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to have this device experience, and are here to help. Do you have the device with you, so that we can look further into this issue? -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes