My contact photo
Jsutton1170
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, 

I have had several people show me that when I text them that my contact photo is some random woman with red hair.  It has happened on several occasions and the photo is not of someone they knew and it is the same photo with each person I have texted.  It appears to only be when I text someone that does not already have me in their contact list.  How can I get this fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My contact photo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jsutton1170, this is concerning to hear and would like to review this further for you. What make and model phone do you have?

Have you attempted to update your Caller ID picture in any way?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Jsutton1170
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Alan,

I have an IPhone XR, but the first time it happened was with my IPhone se.  I thought it was a fluke with when I had my SE and really didn’t think anything about it.  But with in the last 6 months it appears to be happening more and more.  I have tried everything I know to do to correct it.  I really think that it is a profile picture from who ever had the number before I did. Any help you can provide I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks 

Justin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jsutton1170,

We always want to ensure that your phone is working properly. We can help here. Go into Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, scroll down to the Contacts section and check to see what entry is listed under "My Info". The iMessage photo for you will be taken from whatever contact is listed there. If necessary, change the info to yours. Did this help?

Thanks,

PamelaF_vzw

0 Likes
Jsutton1170
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have changed the photo under my info many time in an effort to fix this.  Nothing I do seems to correct it.  Again it appears to be something on the Verizon side, not the phone side. 

thanks,

justin 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your contact picture. With regard to this issue are you referring to your personal picture or the contacts in your phone? 

0 Likes