Not getting SMS sent to Dentist Number
sobi27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there, I've been having issues with SMS that have been rather odd. Looking for insights. Basically when I receive an appointment reminder from my dentist (SMS), I am asked to reply back to confirm. Well, when I reply back it looks like the SMS delivers but when I call to check with my dentist, they say that they never received a message from me. 

This has occurred a few times and I've tested this out with SMS on/off, iMessage, and MMS. The only thing that doesn't work is with this one particular dentist number sending them SMS.

Could Verizon be blocking my messages to this particular number or carrier? 

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting SMS sent to Dentist Number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to send/receive text messages is essential. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your dentist receiving text messages from your mobile phone. We thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've completed, and we'll need to dig deeper into this matter. How long have you been experiencing issues with your dentist not being able to receive text messages from your mobile phone? We've also noted that this issue is only happening when you're responding to texts sent to you from your dentist. We've also noted your inquiry regarding if there is a block to your mobile number preventing you from sending text messages to your dentist. Verizon wouldn't add a messaging blocking feature to our customer's account unless it were requested. Have you checked your device to make sure that your dentist's mobile number is not added to your blocked list? - RobertC_VZW

sobi27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there,

Thank you for your help.

I have been experiencing the issue from at least March 23. The number isn't on any blocked list on the device. 

What other information would be helpful to have for this investigation? The number in question of the dentist is 605-584-2983.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@sobi27 wrote:

Hi there, I've been having issues with SMS that have been rather odd. Looking for insights. Basically when I receive an appointment reminder from my dentist (SMS), I am asked to reply back to confirm. Well, when I reply back it looks like the SMS delivers but when I call to check with my dentist, they say that they never received a message from me. 

This has occurred a few times and I've tested this out with SMS on/off, iMessage, and MMS. The only thing that doesn't work is with this one particular dentist number sending them SMS.

Could Verizon be blocking my messages to this particular number or carrier? 

Thanks,

Might be helpful to know what appointment reminder messaging service your Dentist uses to receive those SMS messages and/or if they have reports from other customers having similar issues to yours.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, sobi27. What is the make and model of your device? Also, what texting app are you using? When you receive the text messages, are they always from the ten digit mobile number or are they from a short code (5-6 digit phone number)?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes