Not receiving android messages
Kjean135

Hello, I recently switched to Verizon and for some reason I do not receive any texts messages from android users or retail text messages. BUT when I received the update I got all the messages I had not received. So I tested the the system and still I could send a message but NOT receive any messages. HELP I've also reset my network settings and made sure the sms is on!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving android messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We depend on our devices to work all the time too, and we know how important it is that you receive all your messages all the time. Let's work together to get to the bottom of these concerns, and in doing so, we'd like to ask some questions. Which model iPhone do you have? Are you able to send messages to any number if you turn off iMessage?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
melisnmatt

i have this same issue--how do you resolve?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

melisnmatt, we're so sorry to hear that you're also experiencing issues with your messages. We definitely want to make sure that you're able to stay connected. 

Please tell us, how are voice and data services working? Does this impact regular SMS as well as iMessage? To be sure, what is the make and model of your device?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Lexnurse

I have an iPhone XS, and cannot send images to android phones. I also have issues with using my phone at all in crowded places, when iPhone Verizon's users around me have full service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with sending images to Android phones with your iPhone and with service in crowded places, Lexnurse. Help is here, let's figure this out. Are you having issues with sending images through the Messages app on your iPhone or something else? What are the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
aja97

I am having this problem too. I have an iPhone 11, it is a new phone and I am new to Verizon. Cannot receive texts from retail or Android. I did a troubleshoot where I had to switch to 3G and now I can get the texts, but now I'm in 3G. It doesn't work if I switch back to LTE. What do I do now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello aja97, we're concerned to learn that you're having issues with your text messages and are now on 3G, and we're here to help. Please switch back to LTE and let us know how your messages work after doing so.

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes