Not receiving verification texts
Scott1112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my iPhone X about a week ago and I found that I can’t seem to get verification texts.  My email, my bank account and my Gemini account all noticed that i’m trying to use a new device to sign in, and they send a text with a verification code.  Probably is, i’m not getting any of those texts.

I can get text messages from other people.  I can get Verizon alerts.  But I can’t get from companies. 

I’ve reset my settings.  I’ve updated to the newest IOS.  Still nothing.

Labels (1)
Re: Not receiving verification texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scott1112,

It is definitely important to be able to receive all messages and alerts. We definitely want to assist in any way possible. To clarify some information, are you new to Verizon with your iPhone X or did you have another device you were using? If so, were you able to receive these type of alerts on that device? Did you switch from and Android to an iPhone?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
Scott1112
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I switched over from Metro PCS.  I had an iPhone 5s before.  Got the iPhone X upon signing up with Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you performed a factory data reset of the device since you started having this issue?

FranciscoP_VZW

0 Likes
Scott1112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve only had this phone for a couple weeks, and have had this issue ever since.  It’s never worked.  I’ve never been able to receive SMS messages from any company other than Verizon.

I didn’t do a factory reset, because it was a brand new phone out of the package that I just got a couple weeks ago.  That should be the state the factory reset reverts it to, correct? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In the event you can confirm there has been no impact in your device performance after the Factory Reset, we would recomment processing a Warranty Replacement if you are able to clarify your device is in good working condition. This would include being free of any physical or costmetic damage. AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
Scott1112
Enthusiast - Level 2

i called verizon wireless customer care and it went to a port request automated system.  it said my port request wasn’t completed because the account number of my old provider didn’t match the account number imputed.  i looked up my metro pcs account number and entered it into the system.

everything is fine now.  i can receive SMS messages.  No further assistance is needed.

Anna78254
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not receiving verification texts on my new iPhone 11. Got the phone 5 days ago. Switched from T-Mobile and I haven't been able to do 2 factor authentication ever since.  How do I check that my phone number was properly ported over?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First, I do want to welcome you to Verizon Wireless, Anna78254. I am a consumer myself so I understand needing to make sure that everything has been ported over. We want to make sure that your new phone works smoothly. I have sent you a private message so we can further assist you.    AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Anna78254
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to thank everyone for helping.

Turned out my line was not ported.  I put in my account number in the port number website along with my passcode.  After 24 hours the site said it was able to port my number, but I still had the same problem.

I called support and my line was in fact still showing pending.  They fixed it and now I am working.

Just wanted to tell my story in case someone else hits this same problem.