Re: Not receiving verification texts
Kimberandi

I just got my new Iphone11 pro today. Brand new out of the box, switch from AT&T to Verizon. I am not receiving any verification codes from any company but Verizon. I have even deleted and reinstalled the app. I called me bank and they sent the code and I still didn't get it. How do I fix this issue, this is a huge problem for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kimberandi, being able to stay connected with your device is a top priority and we can help check this all out with you. Since you made the change from AT&T to us, did your mobile number change? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
waterfall222
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having this same issue. No texts are coming through from companies where I am trying to verify my account. I switched from AT&T to Verizon 3 days ago, kept/ported the same phone number, and switched from iPhone 7 to 11.

Can you please post something in the community to help others solve this problem? 

0 Likes
Scott1112
Enthusiast - Level 2

i had this problem before.  The way i got it fixed was i called Verizon Wireless customer service.  Instead of a representative, it took me to an automated port menu.  I followed the directions from that and it fixed the problem.  Apparently the rep at the store didn't fully complete the transfer of my phone number.

I suggest calling customer service.  Even if you don't get the automated port system like i did, maybe ask an agent to see if your number was ported correctly. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@waterfall222

I’m so sorry you’re experiencing problems receiving texts since porting your number over to us. This is definitely not the type of experience we want you to have with our service. Allow me to help.

Since porting your number over to us, did you receive a text message stating your port was complete? Are you experiencing any problems sending or receiving calls or data connections? Lastly, are you able to receive text messages from other non-Apple devices?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
waterfall222
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is exactly what I did too. For those of you having this issue, call the Verizon Customer Service number at 800-922-0204.

If you are calling from your number that has not yet been fully ported, then you will likely be taken to the automated port menu as @Scott1112 mentioned to finish the porting process. If not, ask if your number has been fully ported yet.

The reason my phone number did not port fully from AT&T to Verizon was that when I bought the new iPhone at Best Buy, they asked for a PIN number, and I entered the wrong PIN. However, the person helping me said that it went through fine, so there was no indication that it was incorrect.

NOTE: If you have tried to receive automated confirmation texts (with a code they send to your phone do verify your identity), make sure to contact those companies and let them know your phone number can now receive the automated texts. Multiple companies (especially banks) removed my phone number from my account and blocked it from receiving these texts automatically.

waterfall222
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support 

All is solved now, thank you. See my previous message for the resolution. Here are the answers to your questions:

Since porting your number over to us, did you receive a text message stating your port was complete? 

No

Are you experiencing any problems sending or receiving calls or data connections?

No

Lastly, are you able to receive text messages from other non-Apple devices?

Yes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to hear all is solved now waterfall222. Please let us know if we can help with anything at all. Have a great weekend. RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Tiffban
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you further explain how you resolved your issue ? I'm having the same trouble chase can't send me text message verifications. On there end it my number gets blocked from sending me codes. 

0 Likes
Scott1112
Enthusiast - Level 2

For me the problem was my phone number didn't get correctly ported over.  At the Verizon store, I gave my old account number with Metro PCS.  Either i didn't tell them the right number or the store representative just entered it wrong.

What i did to fix the problem was call Verizon customer service.  But instead of getting customer service, i got an automated port menu.  It had me re-enter my old Metro PCS account number.  After going through that, everything was fine.

0 Likes