Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Overseas Deployment-How not to do it with Verizon and an iPhone
aequitas2007

I deployed overseas so I suspended my service with Verizon military.  No issues.  Go into ROM, have wifi.  No issues.  Post ROM I grabbed a local sim card and installed in my phone.  Start of all my issues.  It broke iMessage and Facetime as it wiped my US number from the device.  So while troubleshooting I contacted verizon technical support to activate my plan on my device's eSim so I could also use the local one.  I don't think Verizon has agreements with the country I'm in as the Verizon network won't activate.  I can't make calls, send or receive text messages, or use data.  My iPhone/iMessage/Facetime in settings just spins and says waiting for activation.  I've tried adding the phone to my apple id through the website but I can't confirm it as I can't receive text messages. 

Anyone have any advice on how to get the number activated with verizon or attached to my apple id to fix iMessage/Facetime?  

Next issue, I gave up and went to resuspend my line with Verizon and it says I can't.  I have to email orders to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service].  I've done that and recieved nothing back for over 24 hours.  Called Verizon but they are on limited hours due to Covid and the chat feature is next to useless.  The website terminates my session reliably after 5 minutes and the chat session times out randomly.  

Learn from my mistakes.  To begin with, if you own an Apple device X or newer, immediately go to a verizon and activate it with the eSim and not a nano.  That way both cellular plans will be active and it won't break your imessage.    Also, wait a few days after you are set up locally before you initiate your military suspension.  Best of luck.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Overseas Deployment-How not to do it with Verizon and an iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely appreciate you, and thank you for your service. I would be more than happy to help clear up what's going on. Whenever you are out of the Verizon network, or out of the country, your device can be activated with the international carrier, but you will need to be back in the Verizon network in order to reactivate your domestic phone number, and service. This is also why you are having trouble logging in to your My Verizon and re-suspending the line. To re-suspend the line, please try reaching out to our Global Support team at 1-908-559-4899.

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
aequitas2007

I reached out to Global support.  "Your call cannot be processed at this time.  ECR7."  and then it hung up on me.

I'll keep trying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure the proper solution is provided aequitas2007. Were you able to reach the Global team by phone? Are you attempting to call from your Verizon Wireless device?

0 Likes