Paying a bill when the account owner is ill and his payee had passed away.
cynthiarobert

I am trying to get help for a disabled autistic male who's father, that has been paying his Verizon bill, has suddenly passed away.  My phone number is on the account as well.  The bill is in in excess of $1700.  The owner of the account is homeless in California.  Trying to build his credit, the account was created in the disabled individuals name with his father paying the bill each month. Now that his father, my fiancee, has passed away, we are at a loss.

With COVID-19, this person cannot go without a phone.  I have tried numerous times to get help through the Verizon site and phone numbers provided but cannot reach a person.

I am post surgical myself, and in need of help in order to help who was to be my step-son.  Going to a Verizon store right now is beyond my reach.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Paying a bill when the account owner is ill and his payee had passed away.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the loss of your fiance. We know Covid-19 has effected many people negatively , but can understand your desire to get the account paid. Due to the account being in the name of the deceased, it will need to be transferred to another's name. If there is no Account Manager on the account, then a Death Certificate will need to be brought to a Verizon Corporate store for the Transfer of Service to be processed.  

0 Likes