People can't hear me clearly
LJW77

I have an Iphone X, which I got new in December 2018. I have been having intermittent issues with people saying they can not hear me clearly. I hear them fine. 

I have been to Verizon twice where they did some updates.  Then to the apple store twice, they did a reset and was finally given a replacement phone. I am STILL having the same issue. I never had this problem on my old Iphone 5C. Anyone else with a similar issue? Should I go back to Verizon? Back to Apple? The only thing that has not been done is a new SIM card.. Could this be the problem? I am at a loss and frustrated with this. Looking for any advice!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: People can't hear me clearly
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A few questions to start the ball rolling. Smiley Happy

When at the Verizon Wireless store, or the Apple store, the the people who assisted attempt to duplicate the problem on the spot? Is there a commonality with the times that the other person cannot hear you (windy conditions, low cellular signal, using a headset (Bluetooth or otherwise)? Is the problem with incoming calls, outgoing calls or both?

0 Likes
LJW77

People at the verizon store did try to duplicate the problem, and of course it did not happen there. They did not try to duplicate the problem at the Apple store. I only use the phone the normal way (no blue tooth, headphones, speakers, etc... ). People say that my voices fades quiet, then comes back. I did have someone talk to me on my phone while I used their phone, and was able to hear what they are saying happens. There is no certain condition (weather, cell service, etc) that makes this more frequent when it happnes. It happens with both incoming and outgoing calls. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's no reason these days why your calls shouldn't be crystal clear on both sides. Help has arrived. When did this start specifically? Does this happen on specific numbers called or with all numbers at random? 

JosephT_VZW

0 Likes
LJW77

Thank you for the help! This happens at random times, both when I make calls or they call me. Happens with various numbers. I have been to the Verizon store, and they have changed settings, SIM cards, etc. I have been to the apple store, and had my Iphone replaced. It is still happening... Ready to go to the apple store again. It is getting very frustrating. What else can I do?

0 Likes
lbhirsberg

Hi, I cant not hear out of my phone.  Do I take it back to Verizon or to the Apple store.  I have an iphone x but this problem started a week ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, lbhirsberg, being unable to hear out of my phone would not sit well with me either. Let's turn this around. Are you able to hear media when playing a video? Are any Bluetooth earpieces used?
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
1unico

This has gone on for months with mine and my mom's Xr.  I truly believe it is iphone Xr and VERIZON.  I am noticiing more and more if people have the X and verizon, there are muffled issues.  I am switching to an iphone 11 or going to samsung.  Been with verizon 25 yrs and never had this till this Xr phone.  HATE it

0 Likes
1unico

Oh forgive me.  I have been to the apple store for hours at a time.  Apple blames Verizon,  Verizon blames Apple.  I have had 3 replacement phones.   It is the Xr and Verizon both uncompatible.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1unico, your calls and callers are important and we want your conversations to be uninterrupted. Do you happen to notice if this happens when calls are on speaker? Or, when perhaps watching a video on speaker do you see any of this fade in the sound quality? When going to the Settings, Wi-Fi, is this on or off when this happens?

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes