Poor reception inside my apartment (iPhone XR)
javelin98
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a 2-year-old iPhone XR in an OtterBox case, and my reception while sitting in my apartment is so bad that I can't have phone conversations at all.  I can FaceTime, text, use Facebook video chat, etc., but I can't hold phone conversations because every other word is lost, and the ones I can hear are nearly incomprehensible.  This seems to be the case regardless of whether I initiate or receive the call and regardless of whether I use Wi-Fi Calling or not.  I've tried using my Apple wired earbuds, speakerphone, and normal hold-it-up-to-you-ear-until-your-arm-falls-asleep calling, with no apparent difference.

I live in a second-floor end apartment with one unit above me and one to the east, but the north, west, and south sides of the unit are unblocked by any other structures.  It looks like my nearest cell tower is to the northwest.  ZIP code is 99205 (Spokane, WA).

Any tips, tricks, or ideas are appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor reception inside my apartment (iPhone XR)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we want you to be able to access your services with ease. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes
javelin98
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I send a private note?  I don't see any options for that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

javelin98 No problem, I'll send you a Private Note here on this platform and you can reply to it. 

0 Likes
javelin98
Enthusiast - Level 3

I replied to your note, but no one has replied.  Can I get some help, please?

0 Likes
javelin98
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello?  *tap tap*  Is this thing on?

0 Likes
javelin98
Enthusiast - Level 3

No one has responded to my private notes to you, and no one has responded to this thread.  How do I escalate this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

javelin98, we truly apologize if you have not yet received a response to your Private Message. We want nothing more than to make sure you receive a resolution for your service concern. We have sent you a new Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
javelin98
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've already responded to you four times!  4/15, 4/17, 4/21, and 4/22.  I am quite ready to continue!

0 Likes
javelin98
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still waiting for a response.

0 Likes