SMS not sending but iMessage works fine.
SkyShark

I’m able to communicate with my peeps with iPhones but the others that are only SMS, text keeps failing!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS not sending but iMessage works fine.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may be affected by the East Coast outage that's been mentioned in news outlets and several threads here on the forum; it's apparently being addressed.

KennisonDF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does Verizonwireless expect its customers to rely on news outlets and threads here on this forum in order to beciome apprised of outages in its system?  Other businesses post notices of outages (and reports of expected times of restoration of services) on their websites, so that customers don't have to waste their time dealing with personnel trained to treat every "issue" as a problem caused by the customer, the customer's device, or device settings.

@tikibar1 wrote:

You may be affected by the East Coast outage that's been mentioned in news outlets and several threads here on the forum; it's apparently being addressed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I too would be concerned if I was having trouble with my SMS text messages, SkyShark. Let’s work on getting this fixed. I would like to start by gathering some additional details. Can you tell me when this issue first started happening? What changed with your device before this issue first started (software updates, app updates, etc.)? Can you share with me the nearest cross streets and city where you’re experiencing this issue, so that I can take a look at the area?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes