Re: San Francisco unusable data speeds on LTE band 13
supermarco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've received the same response multiple times "I have sent you a private message" . C.S. tells me that they are going to check the status of the ticket and then never report back.

As I said earlier: The issue only happens when the phone  is stuck in band LTE 13 , If it is able to use band 4 then the speeds are ok. I don't know if this means that something is wrong with the tower or if there is interference with the buses electric lines.

When can we have a response to this to let us know at least the status of the ticket?

There are other people reporting this problem, this is a busy hub area, what's wrong?

0 Likes
supermarco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a reason why multiple CSs (laurenc, marshall, yalek) look at this issue, take our data and don't respond/no follow up?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're truly sorry to hear that you've not received a response from us, supermarco. We definitely want to take a closer look and ensure we find out exactly what's going on with your data speeds. I sent a private message your way just now and you can rest assured that we will follow up with you until we see this through to the end. I look forward to hearing from you.

LauraF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
COLHIG72

I have reported the same issue [removed], and after the customer service level 1 rep was unable to help, I was escalated to a level 2 tech or manager or whatever. She assured me that this was an unreported issue and that they’d send someone out within a couple days to investigate.

A couple days later, I got a message saying “Free Verizon Msg: Your ticket, [removed], is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience. Next update within 48hrs.” Followed 45 minutes later by the completely unhelpful message of “Free Verizon Msg: The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click the link to see more details. Signal Concern Resolution | Verizon Wireless

That was a month ago, on July 30th. LTE is still completely unusable on my block 18th between Dolores and Guerrero (Zip 94110). It sounds like the same issue @supermarco has. What gives, Verizon? I’m this close to moving my plan to AT&T.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
supermarco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave LauraF_VZW several links showing that the incidents have been reported in the past. There is something very wrong with the LTE band 13 in that neighborhood . VZW knows the location, they know which one is the serving tower, the know the issue only occurs when the phone switches to LTE band 13 (if the phone is able to use band 4 then everything is good but this rarely happens).

COLHIG72: Yes, AT&T works wonderfully in that area with speeds over 40Mbps. Even T-mobile works there.

So now I have to carry an AT&T hotspot in my pocket in SF 😞

0 Likes
supermarco
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it has been 2 months and nothing. LauraF_vzw keeps saying that she wants to help but provides no answers. She even told me that someone was going to call me and nothing. This thread is like a black hole. I give up.

The correct answer is:  Verizon is not interested in fixing this problem. Customers have to live with the issue or move to AT&T.  The decline of the vzw network in SF is pretty bad. On the other side, outside of San Francisco, the service in the Bay Area is good although not speedy as it used to be

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to feel this way @supermarco, staying connected at all times is very important. Our goal is to always provide you the best service. Please let us know what issues you are having exactly to ensure we work together and provide you a a lasting solution.

GeorginaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
supermarco
Enthusiast - Level 2

GeorginaG: Can you please read the thread and the notes from LauraF? All the issues are described at the begging of this thread with many details.

0 Likes
TUSK79
Enthusiast - Level 1

What the is going on with this issue? Did anyone ever fix it? I havent been able to get a GOOGLE page to load in the Castro for at least two years. I’m just sick and tired of it. Are they throttling everyone because of the people who use dating apps?

0 Likes
Dugan23
Enthusiast - Level 1

****I HAVEN'T TESTED THIS YET BUT WILL DO SO SOON (~MONTH OR SO)****

I'm going to try to use a Xiaomi MI 9 (Global Variant) (https://www.mi.com/global/mi9/) on Verizon's network here in the States and will be in SF in April (2019). I'm not even 100% sure I can do this yet.

The MI 9 doesn't have support for band 13 and therefore wouldn't be able to switch to that band. I speculate that the phone would remain on either band 2 or 4 with a weaker signal than if it were able to switch to band 13 but that sounds like it may be a good thing. If this works, you could either switch phones (it's a sweet phone at a good price) or we could try looking for software that disables band 13 on existing phones. 

I set a reminder in my calendar to get back to this thread when I test it out in April. Keep your fingers crossed! (Not really, that's a long time to keep your fingers crossed.)   ; )

0 Likes