Sim card
Bake123

I recently sent my iPhone X back to the warehouse. I erased all content & settings but did not remove the SIM card. The warehouse will receive the phone on 4/19/21. I would like to pay for the shipping & have verizon send my SIM card back to me. Please help, what do I need to do? Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bake123,

We are always here when you need us the most. Your SIM card does not save any data from your phone on it. A SIM card is only used to program a phone to be used on our network. When you purchase a new phone, it comes with a new SIM card. Our warehouse is unable to mail back a SIM card to you. What is going on that you are needing this SIM card? 

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Bake123

Thank you for getting back with me. I’m mostly concerned that my personal Info would be attached to that SIM card as well. I’ve had people tell me I should have removed the SIM card before I sent the phone back. Which I deleted everything & reset factory settings but after I did that I also realized a few days later that all of my notes did not transfer to my new phone & some of my photos as well.

Before & after I deleted the old phone I double checked everything & the notes & photos were all there but a few days later they were gone & I had backed everything up prior to switching. So I must have done something wrong along the way. Just thought it would be nice to retrieve the SIM card for both of those reasons. I assumed it was a long shot, but wanted to check. Thanks again for getting back with me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bake123, thank you for sharing this helpful information. The SIM Card will not hold any of your personal data. We are sorry to hear that the content you backed up is missing from your new devcie. We would recommend that you process another restore from your backup assitance to see if anything missing will reappear. What type of backup assistance are you using? 

0 Likes
Bake123

I use the icloud backup on my phone. However, it has always been full & says can not be backed up. I deleted tons of stuff from my old phone & turned off tons of apps that didn't need backed up. It finally said backup was successful & it appeared everything has transferred to my new phone. Days later I realized about 40 photos were gone & all of my notes. These phones have so much internal storage, I don't want to pay for additional storage. I want all info to backup on my current device & transfer to any new devices I purchase. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My phone content is important to me, and I also understand wanting to save money. By chance, do you know if you had your pictures backed up an alternate way (such as Verizon Cloud)? In regards to check for your missing notes, I would recommend contacting Apple https://support.apple.com/iphone to check for possible recovery options. I hope this is beneficial.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes