Strange caller ID problem (Call ID Assist, "WIRELESS CALLER"
kmuc81

Over the past couple days, my iPhone X will no longer display the phone number of an incoming mobile caller unless that person is in my contacts.  It only says "WIRELESS CALLER" with the city so I have no idea who it is.  It appears to be some sort of caller ID assist, but I have no idea how to turn it off.  It's incredibly annoying!  I just want it turned off!  I can't find a place to turn it off either in my Verizon account online or on my iPhone itself. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Strange caller ID problem (Call ID Assist, "WIRELESS CALLER"
dvmxlc

Mine has been doing the same thing! I don't know how to turn it off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kmuc81, it can be confusing when your incoming calls don't look the way they used to. We definitely want to help in any way we can so you can feel confident when answering your calls- or choosing not to answer them, whichever the case may be. This sounds like it may be the Caller Name ID feature. To remove this feature, follow these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209349/

If that doesn't resolve this, we can dig in deeper. You mentioned it started in the last few days. Have you made any recent changes on your phone, like a software update or new applications?

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dvmxlc, Let's get your caller ID working like you expect it to. When did this start? Please describe exactly what happens when you receive a call.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mt4488

I had the same problem. A representative from Verizon cancelled both the free and paid for versions of Call Filter and that seems to have solved my Caller ID issues.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes