Texts from Wife goes to IPAD not Iphone Xr
jbrosefs6

Got new phones set up and allow my son to imessage his friends through my account using the Apple ID.  The only thing checked on my phone is my cell number to be able to send and receive messages.  The only thing checked on the iPad is to be able to send and receive messages through the Apple ID.  My wife will text me to the cell number but the message automatically sends it to the Apple ID and the Ipad instead of my phone and its number.  Not sure what to do?!?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts from Wife goes to IPAD not Iphone Xr
Hdmdswife

I had to turn off texts in settings to my iPad. Texts settings. I never used it anyway.  But that works for sure. Just go to settings.  Messages ans slide to where it’s not green.   To the left 

0 Likes
Hdmdswife

Unless your monitoring your son’s texts. You can cut of messenger in settings on iPad. Just slide to left where it’s not green. That keeps it from going to iPad and my iPad was synced with my XR.   I deleted it.  I don’t trust iPad.  I mean it just runs reruns my home WiFi and I never used the message part.  I felt the iPhone was enough and more private.   Hope that helps.  You have to scroll down in settings to messenger   Good luck 

0 Likes
Hdmdswife

My iPad synced with my XR so I went to settings under my name and deleted iPad. Plus you can turn off messenger on you iPad scrooo down in setting to messenger slide to left where it’s no longer green.   I only use my iPhone for texts. It’s only connected to home WiFi. Not Verizon.     I like to be the only one readying my texts. But that’s just me.  Good luck    

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, jbrosefs6. We're happy to help you, does the other device have it's own Apple ID? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes