Trade In Issue Unresolved
kel767
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back in Sept I ordered a new iphone 13 during the "Get iPhone 13 on us" promotion and picked it up curbside. No return box was provided for my iphone XS trade in. I had to call Verizon and request a trade-in box. I shipped it back via the provided UPS box and label and have my drop off receipt from the UPS store. On 10/8 it was received at Verizon. To date I have still not received the credit for the device and Verizon is charging me monthly device payments.  This is crazy since I have traded in 2 other devices on our account since then have received credit for them already.

I have called Verizon at least 20 times to try to resolve the issue. They confirmed multiple times that they received the package it was being processed, yet still no credits. In November their story changed - now they say the package was empty. I then sent them my drop off receipt showing the package weighed 10.4 oz per UPS. So either UPS stole the contents or their receiving dept is stealing phones.

Each time I call they say they have issued a credit request and say a supervisor will call me back in the next few days with a status update. NO ONE EVER CALLS BACK though. I then have to call and wait on hold for an hour just to get anyone to answer the phone. Each time I am told the last request was closed because they didn't receive the phone. And then I have to start the entire process over again. I have provided proof of delivery, drop off receipts, tracking numbers, order IDs so many times. I've asked for this to be escalated. I've asked for supervisors. Today I have already been on with Verizon for  OVER TWO HOURS - and still no resolution. 

Labels (1)
Re: Trade In Issue Unresolved
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kel767 and thank you for contacting us today. We appreciate your feedback and we're here to assist you further with your concern. I have sent you a private message regarding this matter. Please reply there to continue.-Candice

0 Likes
cherim61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Absolute disaster with the trade in process. Ordered two iPhone 13 Pros with two trade-ins, promo is $650 each. They sent one trade in box so we had to order a second. We sent each trade in phone, each in perfect condition, in separate boxes, provided by Verizon and using the Verizon labels. Verizon shows that one was "shipped" but not received and that the other has not been shipped. Before the 30 days was up they deleted the second Trade in so it does not show up on our account, only when we call, and it says we still need to ship. I have spent hours and hours on the phone, on chat, via  the report an issue portal, and no resolution. We have all of the original order numbers, with the trade in values and IMEI's of the trade in phones, we have the submission ID's for the trade ins and we have the tracking showing that Verizon received both boxes/phones. We go in circles and cannot reach anyone. My daughters ordered new phones because of the promo and now we are receiving NOTHING. It is the most frustrating situation I have been through. Hours on hold only to be disconnect after a couple hours. Online support that "can't help" and the robo support that just keeps saying "we need more information". Wow. I am so over this. They clearly have some major internal issues and they are taking them out on loyal customers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

getting new phones should be an exciting experience. We are sorry that yours has been anything less than this. Please know that we do want to get to the bottom of this to ensure that the devices are received and you get what you expect. As we do consider your security a top priority, if this is your cell number, please remove it from the message and select a different user ID. Do you happen to have the Submission ID's for these trades? -LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

cherim61
Enthusiast - Level 2

kel767's issue is very concerning as we also had to request a return box and now Verizon is saying they did not even receive a notification that it was shipped, even though we have proof they received it. And to tell a customer the box was empty!?!?!? Wow, I am getting less and less hopeful that our situation will be resolved since it has taken this person 4 months and still nothing, the same hours and hours spent on the phone and no help. This is absolutely unacceptable. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These details help a great deal. In taking a look at these submissions, I show that the packages just arrived at the warehouse yesterday. Please know that it des take 3-5 business days for the phones to be checked in after their arrival. At which time, the promotions would be in place for the trades. Have you received something telling you otherwise? For example, alerts telling you to submit the devices? Those are automated messages and would be received until the phones have been checked in. LorenB_VZW   -If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!_

0 Likes
cherim61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you LorenB_VZW. Yes, I am getting messages and my account shows that nothing has happened and that one trade in does not exist. I will wait to hear more. I was very concerned that the tracking label for the box we had to order might be the issue and also that on some screens in our account it looks like Verizon combined the order and the Trade ins. In each box I put all of the cooresponding paperwork related to each phone -- order #, submission ID, $650 credit offer, IMEI, etc. so I am hoping a human looks it over and sees that everything matches and that the phone in each box has the IMEI related to each Trade In. I was just very concerned because I could not reach anyone all month and had to finally ship the phones in the hopes that it would work out. Thank you for your help. You are the first to respond with a logical answer.! Also, sorry but the "Correct Answer Button" is not showing up for me. I also have not been able to get my phone number off the posts. 
Thanks again.

0 Likes
user_2419
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds right. Verizon does not care. Support is incapable. Website never works.

You'll spend hours, days trying to accomplish even the simplest of tasks.

Good luck switching to TMobile. 🙂

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
 wrote:

Thank you LorenB_VZW. {snip} Also, sorry but the "Correct Answer Button" is not showing up for me. I also have not been able to get my phone number off the posts
Thanks again.

To help you understand how this public forum works. Everything posted on the public forum is viewable by the entire world whether or not they are registered for posting on the forum. Personal information should not be posted on the public forum. This includes phone numbers, submission ID numbers, and tracking numbers. See the ToS I linked below. 

As for the correct answer button. Only the original poster or the administration has the ability to select which post is marked as the answer. Since you are not the original poster you can't see "correct answer" button. 

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Verizon-Wireless-Terms-of-Service/m-p/11624...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your reply, and for allowing us to try again. I would like to access your account and continue, so I will also be sending you a Private Note. Thank you!

-Jordan

0 Likes