Re: Trade In Issue Unresolved
kel767
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sadly this issue is still not resolved. After my original post I was contacted by rep who really seemed like they would resolve the issue. They reviewed the case and determined that the phone was obviously either stolen from the box in transit or in their receiving warehouse. I was told they were going to issue an $800 credit to my account. I even received a confirmation email that a credit was requested but required 'approval' due to the amount. The email stated I would receive an update within 48 hours. It's now been a month and still NO update and NO credit. They continue to charge me monthly installments for a phone that was returned.

I'm not at all impressed with their trade in process or their resolution process. At this point I'd be better off switching carriers.

0 Likes
guitargain
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am suffering a similar issue.  Traded in two iPhone 11 several months ago.  Was supposed to get the credits that would cancel out the device charge each month.  Crazy thing is, one of them worked as advertised and I can see the device charge and I can see the credit for the same amount.  2nd line was given a trade in amount for 300 ish and credited to my bill the second month, called and spoke to customer service and they have opened a case and haven't heard anything back.  The two phones were exactly the same and in exactly the same condition.  I don't understand why this has to be so complicated and then take so long to get it resolved.  I have only been with Verizon for about 3 months after switching from AT&T after almost 20 years.  I haven't been overly impressed with customer service so far.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have all the promotional credits that you deserve, guitargain. All trade-ins are processed separately and you can find details about the credit amount and promotional eligibility for each trade-in if you check the trade-in status at this link (https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/). Do you see an explanation of the differential in credits when you check at the above link? -Antonio

0 Likes
guitargain
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not finding my email address.  I have talked to customer service and they are allegedly working on it.  I would really like to get this resolved because if I had known before hand this was going to happen then I wouldn't have switched.  

0 Likes
Trade In Issue Unresolved
JMP15

I have a very similar issue & it is been extremely frustrating trying to deal with Verizon's customer service. 

New phone was purchased & received middle of December. Shipped my trade in phone a few days after.

I STILL, 3+ weeks later, have NOT even received a confirmation email from verizon or submission ID email stating that my package had been received or even shipped.

I have my receipt confirmation from USPS that it was shipped. 

But Verizon is claiming they haven't seen anything yet.

Please advise on how to handle! Been waiting for days trying to communicate with the customer service reps. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You mention that you contacted our customer service team and this issue is being worked on, guitargain. Please be assured that the issue will be resolved as soon as possible. -Antonio

0 Likes
knappshan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am stuck in a similar loop. Trade in received, screen says "account credit". Verizon says I can only get monthly credit if I owe on the phone. I bought it from Google and paid for it, I do not owe. How can they keep my money?

0 Likes
terns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.  I sent in an iPhone XR ($800 credit) that was received by Verizon on Jan 27.  I contacted them in March.  I was told they did receive it and I need to give them 1-2 billing cycles.  It is now May 4th and I still have not received my credit.

I would not have upgraded this line if I knew Verizon would not hold up their end of the deal.  This is a predatory sales technique from Verizon.  

I wonder how many people just let it go and never get their credit.  They just automatically pay the monthly bill and assume Verizon has some integrity.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the full benefit of your trade in and promotion. I'm sorry to learn about what happened, and I'm here to help! Because we would need to gain access to your account, please send us a Private Note, and we can go from there. Thank you!

-Jordan

0 Likes
Trade in issue, at my wits' end
blyvoor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Switched 3 lines to Verizon and tried to take advantage of $700 trade in offer for new phones. Swapped 2 x iPhone XRs for 2 iPhone 13 Pros - no issue, received $700 promo on each. Third phone was an iPhone X which my husband traded in for an iPhone 13. Difference being, the new phone was not in stock, so the transaction was processed separately from the first two. Back at home I noticed that the paperwork mentioned a $95 trade-in value, instead of $700 promo. Was assured by call center that it would all be worked out within 2-3 billing cycles. New phone arrived a few days later, mailed old phone in and received an email that "we received a different phone from what we were expecting" and trade in had been revised from $95 to $105, which I got as a credit on my next bill.  Umpteen phone calls, visits to the store, and still no resolution. The last agent I tried explaining it to implied that we had traded in a different handset, or that it was damaged (in fact it was the only one of the three that did NOT have a cracked screen) - all besides the point, trade in was supposed to be $700, not the "true" value.  I have spent hours trying to get this resolved, to no avail.

0 Likes