Trick to getting current status update
GPJSTN

So I preordered late, and got a delivery date of 11/15. I've been going nuts, tracking my order through the website and the app just about every 15 minutes to see if my order will get bumped up. Both trackers say that my order is still being processed and have a delivery date of 11/15.

I noticed that when I go online, I get a "preorder" number, and when I check the app, I get a different "order" number. Well, I went online, and without signing into my account, I plugged my "order" number into the order status request. To my surprise, I got a tracking number from Fedex! Apparently it was shipped this morning, and now has a delivery date of 11/3!! Smiley Happy

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it's worth a try! Go onto the Verizon website, but don't sign in! Check your order status (Support > Order Status) using either the order or preorder number (I checked both, they work!), and you will hopefully get a current status that is different from the status on your account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trick to getting current status update
geek1983
Enthusiast - Level 3

did what you did and mine is on its way! thanks for that tip.

0 Likes
norskejan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't work for me. In fact, I got a message that there was no order found with that number! In panic, I logged in to my account, and the same order # shows processing.

0 Likes
GPJSTN

Ugh, it was a bug in the site! Sorry guys Smiley Sad

I noticed my card hadn't been charged, so I tried this method again last night and it went back to saying my order was still being processed. So when I got back to work this morning (which is where I did this yesterday), I brought up my browsing history and found the FedEx tracking number, and it was for a completely different order! I had gotten so excited, I didn't look at the details.

Turns out it was a glitch on the site using Google Chrome. This morning I tried entering MY order number, last name, and location code, and it gave me a completely different order number (which I hadn't noticed yesterday), with a tracking number. Tried the same method using Internet Explorer and it gave me the correct information, which was still processing.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to give you all false hope. I'm just as devastated! #firstworldproblems Smiley Sad

0 Likes
geek1983
Enthusiast - Level 3

we won't get the devices till the 15th or even later.

0 Likes
norskejan
Enthusiast - Level 2

No worries, technology!!

0 Likes
Ja90
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had done this before, and it had said "Processing"... Well I did this today, and it says my order is "On Hold'. Not only that, but it has a completely different order number shown on that page. I am freaking out. What does "On hold' mean? I did not wake up at 3 AM for nothing. anybody? Help?

0 Likes