Two factor not working, can't text android phones, and so many other issues!
uk27

Hello everyone!

I have been working with Verizon for over a month now with issues to no avail, so reaching out here to see if anyone has any answers.

There was a verizon outage in my area on April 28th. I made the mistake of calling an agent and she asked me to reset my network settings and sent me a new sim 'just in case'. Since then,

1) I cannot receive any verification codes. I can't receive texts from banks, hospitals/medical clinics, government entities, businesses like restaurants etc.

2) I can receive texts from android phones, but I cannot text them.

3) When making phone calls, the first try gives a 'call cannot be completed' message and then goes through the second time.

4) My verizon account is BLANK as of the 28th. I have a plan. I use the plan. My data shows no usage of my phone since the 28th. Right now I can only use the phone to contact my friends and family with iphones and for internet browsing. However, I am stuck in some weird space where I exist as a user, but not really since there are no records of my usage.

5) First time tech support took a week to come back with 'change your phone'. I pushed back asking why, and they disappeared again. I am ready to move to another provider, but I'm really not sure if they're any better.  Thought I should message on here as a last attempt before moving on from these problems I'm having.

Thank you for your help and advice!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Two factor not working, can't text android phones, and so many other issues!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your phone to work properly. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Two factor not working, can't text android phones, and so many other issues!
uk27

Hello

I sent two private messages. Could you respond?

0 Likes
uk27

Update to anyone following this.

It seems like the only solution was to reset my verizon account on their end- as in start from scratch. No one really told me what happened, I opened a technical ticket, and I got a 'welcome to verizon wireless' message about two weeks later and everything was back to normal.

0 Likes