I have been working with Verizon for over a month now with issues to no avail, so reaching out here to see if anyone has any answers.
There was a verizon outage in my area on April 28th. I made the mistake of calling an agent and she asked me to reset my network settings and sent me a new sim 'just in case'. Since then,
1) I cannot receive any verification codes. I can't receive texts from banks, hospitals/medical clinics, government entities, businesses like restaurants etc.
2) I can receive texts from android phones, but I cannot text them.
3) When making phone calls, the first try gives a 'call cannot be completed' message and then goes through the second time.
4) My verizon account is BLANK as of the 28th. I have a plan. I use the plan. My data shows no usage of my phone since the 28th. Right now I can only use the phone to contact my friends and family with iphones and for internet browsing. However, I am stuck in some weird space where I exist as a user, but not really since there are no records of my usage.
5) First time tech support took a week to come back with 'change your phone'. I pushed back asking why, and they disappeared again. I am ready to move to another provider, but I'm really not sure if they're any better. Thought I should message on here as a last attempt before moving on from these problems I'm having.
Thank you for your help and advice!
We always want your phone to work properly. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.
Update to anyone following this.
It seems like the only solution was to reset my verizon account on their end- as in start from scratch. No one really told me what happened, I opened a technical ticket, and I got a 'welcome to verizon wireless' message about two weeks later and everything was back to normal.