Unable to block spam texts from emails, even with the “Block all text messages sent from the web” and “Block all text messages sent from email” on.
Bluestar12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been receiving spam texts from random (different each time) @gmail accounts (example: https://imgur.com/a/zdbIhGQ) over five times EACH DAY. Nothing I do can stop them, including the “Block all text messages sent from the web” and “Block all text messages sent from email” feature in Account > My Plan > Blocks. I have also blocked gmail.com as well as vtext.com as individual domain blocks, but to no avail. I have even changed my individual vtext email extension from my phone number to some random string as suggested by another community post, but I can still email myself with my original phone number and the @VTEXT.com at the end. Is there nothing I can do? I have been going around support forums all day and even called the Verizon support, but all anyone says is to use the included blocking feature on the website to block all text messages from emails. This DOES NOT work for me and I am at my wit’s end. I literally get spammed with 5+ texts each day, each from different emails and with a different message. Is there anyone who can help me at all?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to block spam texts from emails, even with the “Block all text
Bluestar12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally found a fix for iOS, but it’s a blanket fix that blocks any sender that has “_” in its name (I put Gmail, vtext, yada yada). While it might block the ‘once in a blue moon’ actual things I might want, it has been a life saver. I downloaded SpamHound, which is actually free on the AppStore (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/spamhound-sms-spam-filter/id1263185195) and it’s amazing. It has already successfully blocked two texts today (https://imgur.com/a/S0BRTRB) and hasn’t (yet) blocked anything important.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to help you. Let's go over your options. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
Bluestar12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent you a private message a few days ago?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Bluestar12. We definitely want to help with ensuring that we put an end to these text messages you have been receiving. We do recommend forwarding these text messages to our Spam Text Message Research team so that we can help stop these messages from reaching you. You can forward these text messages to 7726 so that they reach our Spam Text Message Research team. How does this plan sound? BrettA_VZW

Bluestar12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been doing that, but this doesn’t help me at all. Is there any way to address this root issue to stop these gmail accounts from sending me spam texts? This is getting unbearable and nothing that anyone else suggested on different posts have helped one whit. 

Re: Unable to block spam texts from emails, even with the “Block all text messages sent from the web” and “Block all text messages sent from email” on
kenwood805805
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have spent endless hours researching this, and im ready to switch carriers after 8 years  i cant take it.  vzw support cant seem to find anything. HELP

Re: Unable to block spam texts from emails, even with the “Block all text messages sent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hate spam too. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance,

0 Likes
AV12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you solved this issue ?  I am having the same issue 

Bluestar12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, I’ve been getting about one a minute for weeks now, Verizon told me it is an utterly isolated issue, when I know as a fact it isn’t. 
The most detailed explanation I’ve found is:https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/nobbkh/constant_spam_in_text_messages/h011x94/?utm_source=...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hate spam. We'd like to go over your options when it comes to it. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes