Unlocking My iphone X
phil4collins

Sir,

I write to you for your help in the matter of my IPhone X which I bought from your Beaufort SC store on about the 10th of Apri

I bought the hand set our right, and then a Prepaid sim for a month.

I was told Yes sir no problem with using it for while you are in the USA then when you return to the UK just pop in your UK sim and reset it.

It will work fine.

Well I returned to the UK on sat 21st, and tried the UK sim and reset. No it didn't work.

I must be missing something, So I tried via ITunes on my return to my Home, Still It didn't work.

I then started calling through to Verizon and asking for the phone to be unlocked from the carrier server.

I then asked for the Prepaid contract to be stopped, I was warned I would lose the next two weeks, and no return of the money for those two weeks, I said that's ok as I have returned to the UK.

I then spend most of Sunday calling, being on hold for 40 odd mins, being cut off after 40 odd mins recalling.

All to be told yes Sir I have just cancelled the phone from the contract and released it from the server.

Then I had to try again as it had not worked in the 30 mins I was told.

I called again Monday to ask again, and the same yes sir we have cancelled it and released it.

I have even asked a friend to go to the store Monday afternoon to check, and they were Told yes its done.

It is released he is free to use it!!

BUT No its still locked to Verizon server.

At ever speak I have been told by Verizon staff its not them or the company but Apple that locks it.

Even told ' ahh Sir you have bought a USA IPhone X and so it can not be used in the UK!!!! '

I am a simple Military Airman who was over serving with the Marines, I have returned to serve in my country, But now I have a Phone bill with is £333.33 pounds that's $465.95 dollars.

I am also sat with an IPhone which cost me $1000 which I can not use!!!

Please please can you help me unlock my IPhone, I hate the fact I have been given the run around by Verizon, and now have the sad story of the company which keeps telling me I am why Verizon is so good!!

Well I am now so out of pocket I can enjoy life.

If by some chance this can be solved asap it would be great, I am now a sad X-customer of Verizon and have a bad taste in my mouth from this experience.

I was told to email [Removed] as he could help me, but No reply since Tues.

Email removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocking My iphone X
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phil4collins,

I want to remove any bad taste out of your mouth regarding the phone. I can understand wanting to use your device as you desire. I also wanted to let you know that Verizon Wireless doesn't lock any devices that are 4G. I see you mentioned the device was purchased under the assumption it would be used under prepaid services. This is entirely different from a postpaid device and account. At this junction, I wanted to ask if you currently have a VZW number associated with the device from the prepaid account? (Please do not post in open forum here). 

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

phil4collins

I bought the phone, with a prepaid sim card, $40 for the first month.

I have been told by Apple the phones IME number is connected/locked to the Verizon Server.

Which means it cant be used with other sim cards until its unlocked, from the Verizon server.

Yes I have the Verizon Phone number from the Prepaid sim card.

How would you like to solve this exchange of information?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, phil4collins. It's important your device is looked into by the correct team. We would recommend reaching out to our Prepaid team directly at 888-294-6804. We're confident they will be able to fully assist.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phil4collins

Thank you for looking in to this, BUT this will cause me more pain and cost me a lot more money to call the states.

As my first post stated I have already a bill topping out at $465.

On my Military wages I can not afford to be calling the prepaid  team directly.

I thought I was doing the right thing calling the Verizon help team and following the hints to get the prepaid team, but as this cost me $465 i am unsure calling again to wait for a helper.

Is there nothing else that can be done, Like an email from them to me?

You have my email address, its in my profile as a contact point.

This is dragging on and I would like it solved asap.

0 Likes
phil4collins

I have tried to call this number but keep being bounced around the automated service.

It does not recognise my 10mdig number as it was only paid for, for one month.

The phone is a prepaid phone, as I bought it in the store then bought a months long use of a sim.

Now i cant call version and talk to a human as the computer will not let me through to chat to the team.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon will start locking phones to its network to prevent armed robberies | Ars Technica

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
phil4collins

Here is what the Verizon web site says,

Unlocking policy for Deployed Military Personnel

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer in the military, we will unlock your device at your request.

Postpay devices

• We do not lock our 4G LTE devices and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier.
  • We do not lock our 3G devices, other than non-iPhone 3G World Devices. The simple code to program such 3G devices for use with another carrier is either “000000” or “123456.” If the user guide for your device does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, dial *611 from your Verizon Wireless phone or call 800.922.0204 for assistance.
  • The SIM cards used in our non-iPhone 3G World Devices are locked. We will unlock the SIM card for you at your request.
Prepaid devices

• Once activated on our network, we do not lock our 4G LTE Prepaid devices and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier. To activate a prepaid device on our network, you must make your first monthly service payment.
  • We do not lock our 3G Prepaid devices, other than the 3G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones. The simple code to program such 3G Prepaid devices for use with another carrier is either “000000” or “123456.” If the user guide for your device does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, call *611 from your Verizon Wireless phone or dal 888.294.6804 for assistance.
  • Our 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones are restricted for use with our Prepaid service for six months after activation, and are locked to the Verizon Wireless network for 12 months after activation. After six months, the restriction to our Prepaid service is automatically removed. After 12 months, you can call *611 from your Verizon Wireless Prepaid phone or dial 888.294.6804 and we will provide you with the programming code so that you can unlock your phone. If the user guide for your phone does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, we can help you with that as well.

Well, I paid full price in the store, so that makes my IPhone X a prepaid phone.

I am in the military, I have a bill for calling Verizon which is now £500, and now the numbers in this text are not working and cutting me off as my prepaid sim is not not active!

This is the only way I have of contacting Verizon but no one is listening or replying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to take advantage of that iPhone X while overseas. We appreciate your service to our country. To confirm, did you buy the phone as a prepaid phone originally or was it on a postpaid account and you later purchased the prepaid sim for it? phil4collins had a great response that is factual. To further clarify however, the full amount on the box would need to be paid if the phone was purchased as a prepaid. 

RyanM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phil4collins

I paid the full amount for the phone ($999.99), then at the same time I paid $40 for a sim to allow me to use the phone while in the USA.

It even says on the printed receipt PrePay price!

I can even give you the order number, order location, and order time/date.

On the post before it clearly states that you DO NOT lock any 4G LTE devices, So I am wondering why mine is Locked to the Verizon Server?

I would like an email address to communicate via, phoning is not available as the automated system just hangs up on me as my USA number from my Prepaid sim is now not active.

0 Likes