Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon Insurance is a Scam
tkommer

Daughter dropped her phone and it cracked, thought no problem we bought the insurance.  However found out the "deductible" is $200!  Complete scam.  Then when you call they give you the same line "all insurances have deductibles".

What a scam, paying $200 deductible after paying for insurance on a $600  phone is the equivalent of paying $150,000 deductible on a $300,000 house that burns down.    Complete scam, don't buy the "insurance".

Re: Verizon Insurance is a Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry about this experience with the insurance, tkommer. Our goal is for you to have a working phone. We appreciate your feedback, and we will use it to improve our processes moving forward. We recommend reviewing our Total Mobile Protection information on our site. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/total-mobile-protection-faqs/

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Insurance is a Scam
bisonok

On Christmas Eve Day 2020 I checked the value of my iPhone 10 and found they had a heck of a deal where they would give me $580 off a new iPhone 12 that they'd sell me for $800 over 24 months.   When I got home I noticed the credit had not been applied so I went back to the Verizon store.  They told me that the credit was indeed on my account but that it would be more clear once I received my bill.  When the bill came I saw that they had spread that credit out over 24 months.  So each month I was charged $33 for the phone less the $24.16 credit.  I took out insurance for $17 per month.  

Today I slammed my phone in the car door.  Took it back and here is what they said:  I could pay off the phone for  cash today (exact cost was $566 over 17 months), and after I paid the $199 deductible, would have the new phone ----and then could continue paying the contract.  "What?" I asked them?  I could pay the phone off costing $566 today, but  would have to pay also the $199 deductible PLUS pay the monthly fee of $33 until the contract ran out?  I asked them several times if that's what they meant.  They reiterated it --and never ONCE mentioned that I should have a credit of $24.16 x 17 months ($410) against that $566 cost.  Only when I refused  to turn in my broken down phone while agreeing to 1)  pay off its contract 2) pay the deductible and 3) agree to continue the $33 monthly contract installments for the next 17 months (who does that on a product you already bought?) did I check my Verizon Account.  When I did I came to realize that if I had gone along with their scheme, I would have been out of $410 (that credit of $24.16 x 17 months). Plus paying for the next 17 months for a phone I had already bought out.  

Verizon is a scam. It intentionally makes their contracts/phone purchases/insurance so complicated that the average person, I am willing to bet, just goes along and pays them what they say.  What a ripoff.  I now have a broken phone that was insured--and what am I getting for their stupid $17 per month insurance cost?  More confusion, that's what....