Voicemail Notifications delayed. Have had this problem over 4 years.
Vision83
Enthusiast - Level 3

All voicemail notifications are delayed anywhere from 4 hours to 4 weeks. This problem has been happening for over 4 years.

Verizon blames Apple

Apple blames Verizon.

I think it is network issue on the backend of Verizon. I tried just about every method, including a factory fresh install of iOS. Have upgraded phones and the problem continues. I am on the legacy grandfather unlimited data plan as well.

Please see the attached screen shot. Time is 6:02pm voicemail is from 1:59 pm and it is just sending the notification. Also LTE or Wifi doesn't affect the problem.

Screen shot of the problem 

link - "http://designpg.com/1.png"

Labels (1)
Re: Voicemail Notifications delayed. Have had this problem over 4 years.
Vision83
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing like getting a voicemail a day after it is left. 

Vision83
Enthusiast - Level 3

521412D8-8F6D-43F1-B885-824E8E6B59D5.jpeg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of receiving your Voicemail in a timely manner, and we can certainly look to see what is going on. As voicemails transfer via a cellular data signal, do you ever turn off your cell phone data on your phone? *Gert

0 Likes
Vision83
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never turn off cell phone data. 

Here is the next screen shot.. no voicemail icon in the phone app. Have to reboot the phone. It’s funny that Verizon/Apple can’t get voicemail correct in 2022. 

97BBE7FE-4A6E-4B10-8433-B84FBE9F821D.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get your voicemail notifications. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
Vision83
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still broken 

DC46CBB6-39A8-4F7A-B48D-60DAA639F73E.png

0 Likes
Vision83
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon/Apple 

Voicemail should not be an issue that users have to fix… there are some amazing things these devices do… but looks like you don’t put a priority on just basic functionality. 

You both need to work together and not rely on your users to be your beta testers. 

Many times when organizations get to large you fall into a pattern called diffusion of responsibility and no one takes issues seriously until it is critical. 

Vision83
Enthusiast - Level 3

Icon gone 

Verizon/Apple where is the setting to remove the voicemail icon? 

42A9DBF4-E55F-4EF4-BA26-00945CAFA806.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Vision83 ,

It's awesome to know that you've been becoming so familiar with your voicemail and how it works while trying to fix it. However, with this same issue happening between different devices, as you had said you upgraded phones, even with a factory reset at some point, that would mean there's a lot more going on here that we really need to check out. On iPhones, voicemail is handled through Apple, so it does work differently from Android phones - normally a network reset would correct any delays in voicemail notifications, while the voicemail icon would disappear if there is no voicemail on the line. This is why we had asked you to send us a Private Note so that we can check out these critical details to further assist you. Does that help make sense?

-Russell

0 Likes