Weak signal. Keep dropping calls. Iphone xs max
lewistre
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live on the eastern shore of Virginia. We keep dropping calls all over the shore. Maryland-Virginia line all the the way to Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Lots of places it shows 3-4 bars and you can't even send a text message. Something has changed and it's not for the better. There are more towers and less coverage. It's not just my phone but hundreds of my friends experience the same problem. I would like to understand what is being done about this. Thanks Trent

Labels (1)
Re: Weak signal. Keep dropping calls. Iphone xs max
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my service to keep me connected and want to ensure you can rely on your service, lewistre. Let's take a closer look into this and find out what's going on. When did this begin? Does this happen on all calls while in this area? Please provide the city and cross streets where you experience these issues so we can narrow things down. 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
lewistre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over the last 3-4 months. Lots of calls not all. Doesn't seem to make a difference which phone you call or even a land line. All in Virginia. New church, Temperanceville, Nelsonia, Onley, Parksley, Onancock, Keller, Painter, Belle haven. Pretty much every town here.

0 Likes
lewistre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any ideas on what is causing the poor reception in our area?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want you to have service where you need it the most. The areas you listed are all areas with 1-2 towers at the most. 

Since getting your new phone have you enabled LTE Roaming? We ask because that setting comes turned Off by default from Apple https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-220766/

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
lewistre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is enabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear that you've already enabled roaming on your device. Something else we recommend is using Wi-Fi Calling while you're indoors and have Wi-Fi Available. This will enable you to make calls even when service isn't the best. The following steps will show you the steps for activating Wi-Fi Calling: http://spr.ly/66071JokH

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes
lewistre
Enthusiast - Level 2

So saying that,  what is going to help all us verizon users on the shore for better signal. We pay a premium price for sub standard service?!?!?!?!?

0 Likes