Why am I being asked to pay off bill credits?
jd369

When I traded my 6 in for my 7 I got $650 in bill credits.  Now that I want to upgrade to the X I am being told I would need to pay the $187 that is left in bill credits AND trade in my phone for $350 so I would be trading my phone in for a net of $163.  The credits are OWED to me so why am I being asked to pay it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I being asked to pay off bill credits?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because you are trading in the phone, you are forfeiting any unearned bill credits from the promotion used to purchase that phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

jd369

Wrong.  I traded in a phone that had no money owed on it.  You do not get to keep the phone and then also expect someone to pay out of pocket for the money that was given to you in exchange for the phone.

0 Likes
BOJOLO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you completely pay off your iPhone 7 before upgrading to the X? Meaning there was $0. remaining balance left on the device?

0 Likes
jd369

They owe me the remaining balance from trading in my iPhone 6.  I owe them nothing. 

0 Likes
BOJOLO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you had not completed the entire 24 month agreement that you originally had with your iPhone 7, before you upgraded to your iPhone X, then you automatically forfeited any unearned bill credits from the promotion used to purchase the iPhone 7. Apart of the promotion is that you make device payment for 24 months.

0 Likes
jd369

I haven't upgraded yet.  They essentially bought my iPhone 6 from me for $650 in the form of bill credits and that $650 is applied to paying for the iPhone 7. It doesn't matter if its bill credits or cash.  Money owed is money owed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want there to be any confusion on what is owed, jd369. We are here to help. Our community members are correct that if you were receiving monthly credits for a promotion, you do not get the full amount of credits if you decided to buyout your phone. 

We have sent you a private message, so we can get more details from you and review the credits for you. Please only respond to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes