Why is cell and data service so awful?
seipel1892
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bill goes up, service goes down.  I have a one hour drive to work and my phone doesn't even work for half of it.  From the east side of Sidney, OH to the west side of Urbana, OH there is absolutely nothing.  Every once in a while you'll get a couple of bars but it doesn't matter.  Can't do anything with them.  Even if it says LTE you don't even think about trying to look anything up using data.  Nothing works out there.

Labels (1)
Re: Why is cell and data service so awful?
tmrteacher
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. I live about 20 minutes southeast of Albany, NY.  Where I once had service, now I have nothing.  I cannot sustain a phone call for more than 3 minutes while driving.  Not sure what is going on, but I am ready to switch carriers.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello seipel1892,

I rely on my service every day and would be concerned too if I were having any issues using it while on my commute. I looked at a map of your area and see between Sidney and Urbana, OH it is very rural farmland. As areas become less populated, the towers serving the area will be spaced further and further apart. We see this is about a 30 mile drive between those 2 cities. Is there a particular area on your drive that is worse than others? What other towns do you pass through on your commute?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tmrteacher, having service, especially in during a time like this, is crucial. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and do want to gather some details. You mentioned that this is affecting calls on your drive, do you find that this happens on a specific road? If so, may we have the cross roads and zip code? When this happens do you notice if there is an actual loss of signal on the phone? When did this begin? Do you experience any issues with text messages or data?  LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes