Wrong shipping address
randoiphX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ordered right at midnight on 11/27. For some reason, order picked up an old billing address. IPhone X is now scheduled to go to a place I haven't lived at in 5 years. Much back and forth on chat and on the phone. Was told to call back after getting the tracking number. Got the Fedex notification yesterday but Verzion support ((866) 338-7390) now tells me repeatedly that they can't change the address. I cannot change the shipping address via Fedex.com either. this is frustrating - will the only option really be to cancel?

does anybody from Verizon support lurking here have an official answer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wrong shipping address
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will likely need to cancel the order and verify your billing address and service address is correct in your MyVerizon account online and then reorder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lando13
Enthusiast - Level 3

The agents SHOULD be able to change it, but so far in my case they only SAY they changed it, but it doesn't change. I'm so frustrated.

randoiphX
Enthusiast - Level 2

update - I called again and this time a friendly rep created a ticket with "the warehouse". this was about 20 hours ago. Fedex still shows the old, wrong address so I called again. another friendly rep looked up the ticket for me (I had noted down the number) and said the ticket was resolved and she found enough of a trial to think that the change was made, sent to Fedex and confirmed there. no idea why Fedex isn't showing that yet but oh well. yay for the friendly reps, actually.

randoiphX
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok, one more update - called Fedex and after spending some time trying to figure out how to talk to a human there they confirmed that they had received the shipping address update as well and will "reroute" the package. this means it will not arrive today, but on Monday instead, but that's actually fine. online still doesn't reflect the update, but hey, human verified it. so for others who are maybe a freaking out a bit (I know I did) - looks like things can be made to work.

NIGVIN64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Going through the same thing right now, I gave them the right address but they sent it to the wrong one somehow. Wonder how often they do this.

0 Likes