apple cannot validate account information when buying iphonex
mayday111
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was trying to buy an iphoneX through the apple store website. When they ask to input the verzion account information, I tried combination of "my phone number + zip code + my last four ssn", "my phone number, same zip code, my account holder's last four ssn digits", "my account holder's number + zip code + my account holder's last four ssn" and "my phone/my account holder's phone + zip code + the account pin number". And none of that combination worked! I feel like it should not be my last four ssn digits because I never gave Verizon that information. Any idea? I am in a family plan.

Labels (1)
Re: apple cannot validate account information when buying iphonex
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The account number is on the bill if you are in a family plan. Only the account owner or an account manager is authorized to purchase devices on the account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mayday111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am a account manager in the family plan. I went to Verizon store and they said I am all set but Apple just won't validate the info. I have question about the last four digits because Verizon doesn't even have my ssn information. The verizon store employee told me that they don't take people's ssn anymore to protect customer's privacy. That's why I tried the pin number of the account, which is four digits too. I also tried the accound holder's last four digits, doesn't work neither.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mayday111, so sorry to hear about the troubles when trying to upgrade with Apple. I understand that you're the account manager, but, the account owner would be the only member to have the last 4 of their S.S on the account. Did you try that at all? Did you make sure the PIN you were inputting was the same PIN that is on the actual account?

JoeyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes