iPhone Messages notifications not working
ebr3

Audible [text] Messages notifications on iPhone worked on AT&T but don't work after recently switching to Verizon.  Nothing else was changed.  Using iPhone X on iOS 13.4.1.   Messages are configured for audible alerts in Notifications and a sound selected.  The Text Tone is selected in Sounds & Haptics.  The phone is not in Do Not Disturb mode.  The iPhone volume is set to max.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone Messages notifications not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that the notifications on your device are working properly. Please  tell us, when did you start experiencing this issue? Are you able to receive other notifications?
The following link will help you adjust text message notifications: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-209561/
GeovannJ_VZW 

0 Likes
CARBOG79

Mine does similar.  However, sounds/notification are sporadic (mostly not working) but they work almost always IF/WHEN I turn off my Bluetooth.  But I need it on Bluetooth more for wireless/hands free when driving.  Is this a Verizon issue or an Apple iPhone X issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this feature is important for you, CARBOG79. Let's look into this further and see what is causing this problem. Is the software up to date on this device? Are you using the Do Not Disturb feature? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204321#:~:text=Go%20to%20Settings%20%3E%20Do%20Not,manually%20or%2...

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
CARBOG79

Software is up to date and Do not disturb is off.  All the settings are right.  It only happens when the Bluetooth is activated/turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARBOG79,

The more details we have the better. Thank you so much for confirming. When these alerts would come in, is the phone actively connected to a Bluetooth device? If so, what device? 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes