iPhone X Set-Up Question
LyssaMartin

So, in one of the Macrumors Forums I was told that when setting up a preordered iPhone you are told to put in the last 4 digits of the account holder's SSN. Is this true? If so, is there anyway to bypass this? I am an account manager and I would be unable to do this because I am on my mother's account/plan and my mother was placed on life support earlier this morning. So, I would be unable to get this information. Is there anyway that this could be bypassed? I could go into a Verizon store if need be. I am an account manager if that helps.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X Set-Up Question
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm sorry to learn of your mom's condition.

I don't know what you need w.r.t. getting a new iPhone. I suspect you don't but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else will address your question.

Likely, your HR department has your application of employment on file, which probably has your SSN on it, and I imagine it's available for your viewing when you request it. They will likely also have it attached to your pay/benefits, because of tax reasons.

Alternatively, do you have a local Social Security Administration office in your area?

Google Social Security Administration and your zip code.

This is the type of information they will require:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

Your SSN card is something you should have and the document kept in a safe place.

0 Likes