iPhone X apps opening on their own
sooksb

It appears that my iPhone X has a mind of its own at times.  The phone will just start opening different apps by itself. I have to lock it and try to stop them from opening.  That works sometimes but not all of the time.  It is frustrating when trying to answer the phone or send a text.  The software is up-to-date and I've turned it completely off.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X apps opening on their own
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is some hair-pulling frustration if I say so myself, sooksb. You’re on the right path by checking for updates.  Let’s inch forward some more. Do you use a screen protector? If so, does the behavior continue when it’s removed? Has the phone ever been exposed to any liquids?

If this is an issue with the software, then I’m sorry that a Restore is needed that erases everything. How do you currently back up you device now? If it’s already backed up on iCloud, then here are the steps to Restore it:
https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_US
At the bottom are directions on backing your phone up to iTunes in your computer.

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes