Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,221 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
iPhone X connectivity issues
Jason913
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since I purchased the X back in December and switched over to Verizon from T-Mobile, I have been facing connectivity issues that appear to have gotten worse over the last several weeks. My phone falls off of LTE and goes into 3G and 1X constantly, rendering the service virtually unusable. This occurs while others around me are consistently on LTE. Brought it up to tech support and they initiated support tickets, determined there are no network issues. Between Verizon and Apple, we exhausted every troubleshooting procedure over the past few weeks, all to no avail. We changed out the device twice, changed the SIM card twice, set up the phone as new without any of my previous data, and even changed my number to see if that was causing the problem. Still the same. I’m convinced this is a general iPhone X defect that causes incompatibility with the Verizon network, but neither Apple nor Verizon think this is the case. I don’t know where to go from here and feel my only option is to switch carriers yet again. As it stands, T-Mobile was better all around service than Verizon and that’s saying a lot. Has anyone else had these issues and were you able to resolve them?

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone X connectivity issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
dramagical

I'm having the exact same problem.  4 months of troubleshooting and the problem is not only unfixed but has gotten worse.  I've been throught COUNTLESS calls and chats to not avail.  I've been a Verizon Wireless customer for 15 years and have NEVER encountered anything like this.  HELP!!

0 Likes
VWD51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  I purchased the phone over a year ago and started having the problem soon after it was activated.  My sim card has been replaced twice and I got a replacement phone from Apple.  Verizon is currently investigating the network and I'm waiting to hear the results.  I am so frustrated!  I am waiting for the results of the ticket submitted.  I truly hope my problem gets resolved soon.  I will post again when I get the results.

CCNF

I have had all the same issues with my iPhone X. I have tried to resolve it with Verizon and I have reset my network numerous times. It continues to be a problem that is only getting worse. I am ready to switch to another carrier now that I am finally done paying for this phone that has been a waste of money. I have internet issues and problems receiving phone calls and text messages. It is embarrassing at this point. Is there any solution besides switching carriers and buying a new phone? I am so frustrated with this phone and trying to fix it with constant resets! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize it is a challenging problem when you have issues with your iPhone X, CCNF. We would not want to lose you as a valued customer as we appreciate your business. I want to find out what's going on and get this service issue resolved. What's your city, zip code, and cross-streets where you are located? Are you indoors or outdoors when you are experiencing these issues? Please share with us any troubleshooting steps you have tried along with the answers to the previous questions so we can look into a resolution.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
jp120896
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have constantly had the same issue. I have taken the phone to Verizon and Apple. The SIM card has been replaced and the phone exchanged and still no resolution. I have a work iPhone X max and my wife has the iPhone X plus and when both of these phones have LTE signal my iPhone X is showing either 1X or 3G service and will not load anything. Sometimes a reset will get it working again but not for very long.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, I can look into this for you. How long have you had this replacement?

KerryC_VZW

0 Likes
Shelbymyers02
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been any update on fix for Apple iphone X? Do I need to switch services?

alet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem. It is becoming annoying situation. It is so frustrating to be outdoors and needing to search a website, no luck connecting to internet. It has been 4 months now.  I am thinking to change carriers...

0 Likes