Re: iPhone X order status
corytrae
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my tracking number!! lol im just kidding I scare y'all didn't I? just trying to lighten this stressful iPhone time Smiley Happy but on a serious note what does it mean when they remove the delivery date? motch6

0 Likes
rpgarrett75703
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was just speaking to Verizon Wireless customer service and they told me a lot of their customers charge cards are being declined because the credit card companies think they may be fraudulent purchases due to the amount of the purchase. That happened to me since I ordered 2 iPhone X's.  Verizon sent me an email telling me my card was declined. Fortunately the order was not canceled and I was able to quickly fix it by using a different credit card and the charge immediately got pre-approved from my credit card company. When I spoke to the Verizon rep she said it still looks like I'm on track for an 11/3 delivery. Keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Likes
justindc

Does your order still show a delivery date of 11/3?

0 Likes
rpgarrett75703
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. When I check my order on My Verizon iPhone app it says "We're getting your order ready" and it does show my updated credit card. When I check the status by clicking the link in my confirmation email it does show a 11/3 delivery. When I check the status on the Verizon website it appears all dates have been removed. Someone else reported that as well. They wouldn't have charged my credit card if shipping was not imminent.

0 Likes
justindc

For me: App shows - 11/3, link in confirmation email - no date, Verizon website - no date

0 Likes
Earthmana
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon website says delivery date Nov 3 but he app says ”ship around Nov 3”....

I’ve been told 2 different things by customer service, one said it will deliver on the 3rd and the other says it will be shipped on the 3rd.

wish i knew when to expect it.

Ordered at 3:15 AM EST and order still processing and no charge in card.

0 Likes
corytrae
Enthusiast - Level 3

which is weird because verizon says they only charge the card once its shipped. but no tracking info.

0 Likes
rpgarrett75703
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most places including Verizon usually do a pre-authorization which checks to see if your credit card is any good. The charge will only become official when it ships. Since the phone doesn't "officially" go on sale until 11/3 they usually time the shipment so that it will be delivered on 11/3. That's what happens if you purchased directly from Apple. I suspect Verizon will do the same thing.

0 Likes
corytrae
Enthusiast - Level 3

They did this authorization when I placed the order though? The charges showed up on my account for $0 soon after I placed the order

0 Likes
im_simonds
Contributor - Level 1

The tracking info will most likely be updated 24 hours after. 

0 Likes