iPhone XR & Apple Music
Downeaster59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I upgraded my plan to Get More Unlimited, in part to take advantage of the included Apple Music. However, when I tried to set up Apple Music on the Verizon website, and on the My Verizon app, I ran into a message that my phone is incompatible with Apple Music.  That, of course, is ridiculous.  I already had Apple Music on my iPhone - and it's an iPhone, Apple's own phone!

Anyway, I started a chat with someone on Verizon.  That person had me clear my browswer's cache & cookies, and some of the other usual solutions.  Nothing changed the situation.  I checked out some posts on this forum and found that my problem was not unique to me.  Some people were able to work around it by putting a different SIM card into their phone temporarily.  That seemed pretty ridiculous as well.

I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle, so I changed my plan to Do More Unlimited, and kept the Apple Music subscription I already had.  So, Verizon loses out on $10 per month, and i don't lose much, if anything, in the process.  

Can Verizon really be so clueless as to have these kinds of glitches in their plans?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone XR & Apple Music
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Downeaster59, getting your Apple Music option going it of the utmost importance to us. To see that you were having some issues with getting this started can be quite frustrating let's work together to see what happened. 

It's great that you are already familiar with the benefits of Apple music. Here's what we can do:

The offer can be redeemed through vzw.com or through your My Verizon App. Walk the customer through the steps in the Process section.

Once enrolled, you will receive a text message with a link to download the Apple Music App to your Android phone, or open Apple Music from your Apple iPhone.

Once you link your Apple ID you will be prompted to cancel one of your subscriptions. Canceling with Apple continues Apple Music for the Verizon 6-month trial or Verizon ‘included’ offer, depending on the your plan.

Were these the steps that you tried to get the subscription going? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Downeaster59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I tried to do those steps, but never made it very far.  When I tried to initiate the process, either on the Verizon website or on the My Verizon app, I got a window that rtold me that my phone is incompatible with Apple Music.  Verizon Customer Service was unable to help me.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Downeaster59, I appreciate these details and the steps you've taken to enroll in Apple Music. For best results, can you confirm that you are following the steps as shown under item 6: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-music-faqs/#general Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Downeaster59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have tried this, several times.  I go to Add-Ons.  I select the Entertainment tab. I select Apple Music.  I am told that my iPhone is not compatible with Apple Music, and I cannot proceed further.  No "enroll" button.  

0 Likes
Downeaster59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now this is very strange.

I just went back on My Verizon to see if it would still say that my iPhone XR is ineligible for Apple Music.  Now it tells me that I am already enrolled!!!!  And I haven't done anything to try to enroll today!

Edit: In the Apple Music app, and elsewhere, I only see my current Apple Music subscription lsited, not any through Verizon.  Curiouser and curiouser!

0 Likes
Downeaster59
Enthusiast - Level 3

And....  when I try to manage my supposed Apple Music subscription on Verizon, I immediately come to the window that tells me that my phone is ineligible for Apple Music...   ????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you're able to enjoy Apple Music, Downeaster59. Have you received a text message with information on how to download the Apple Music app? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Downeaster59
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never received that text message.  I already have the Apple Music app on my iPhone, and I have renewed my Apple Music subscription with Apple, because my efforts - and the efforts of two Verizon customer reps I chatted with - got me nowhere.  

At this point, I've given up on Apple Music with Verizon.  It's not worth the hassle.  I only posted this to make people aware, as I am not the only user who has this issue.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Downeaster59! We are terribly sorry to read the issues that you're having with Apple Music. We would love to help you resolve this situation right away. Please respond to our Private Note to better assist you. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes