Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
my iphone 10r is frozen
cassandra44

my iphone is displaying a black screen with a turning wheel.  I've tried restarting it: volume button up and down and then 10 sec side button.  It stays the same

0 Likes
Re: my iphone 10r is frozen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are so sad to hear that your phone is not powering completely on for you, cassandra44. We are here to help.

Researching this issue with Apple, we found that besides the special restart for a frozen phone, the only other option is a Restore iPhone with iTunes. This process would require you to connect your phone to your computer with the USB cord while iTunes is running.

This process will completely reload the iOS, which most likely has a software error causing that issue. We are sad to say, that this process will delete everything from your phone. If you have your personal information backed up with iCloud or iTunes, then you can reload all of your information back to the phone. 

Here is a link to show you how to restore the phone with iTunes https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes