visual voicemail
tom45

I recently switched from an Iphone 6s to an Xr.  Everything seems to be working just fine except for visual voicemail and/or voicemail in general.

When a voice message is recorded there is no indication on the voicemail tab that there are voicemails.  Instead I get a text message that has a lot of programming text along with the number that had called.  The second issue is I am not getting visual voicemail which is part of my Verizon package.  I have researched this issue and basically have come empty.  One article suggested resetting the network settings on the Iphone, which I have done several times and still have the same problem.

Does anyone have a potential solutions to these two issues.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: visual voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tom45,

Getting a new phone is always exciting! Sometimes with iPhones, you need to dial *86 to access the voicemail the original way. Once there, erase any unwanted messages you have. This process helps resync the voicemail options with your phone. Try that out and let us know what happens.

-Christopher

0 Likes
Re: visual voicemail
tom45

Thank you for the reply.  I did as you requested and made sure there are no leftover voicemails in my mailbox.  Unfortunately, this had no effect on solving my issues.  Still no visual voicemail service.

What's next?

0 Likes