will 2 gb of data be sufficient for iphone xr or similar models?
rhonda9

I am in need of a new phone. I currently have an Iphone 5c and am on the 2 GB data plan. I barely use 1 gb/month currently. I was told by Verizon that the newer phones "eat up" data to achieve  fast speeds. I don't want to change data plans and want to know if  the 2 gb plan will be ok with an Iphone xr or similar model .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: will 2 gb of data be sufficient for iphone xr or similar models?
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

I was on the 2GB plan for a while, and often went over just doing facebook, email, maybe a video or 2. 2GB is not alot, but if you have only been using about 1GB, then you should be fine. I would guess the tech was talking about background sync, HD video, App updates will all eat data. If you stay on the 2GB plan make sure you enable safety mode, so you will not be charged 15$ a GB over 2GB.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
Re: will 2 gb of data be sufficient for iphone xr or similar models?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rhonda9,

Congrats on the upcoming new phone! It's always a fun time to shop for a new device, and I'd be glad to assist you with the data usage question. Newer phones may seem like they consume more data, however, they are just processing everything at a faster rate, making it easier to use more. If I were in your shoes, I would use the phone with the same behaviors that you have with your current iPhone 5c. You'll see a large increase with the processing speed, but overall data consumption will be quite comparable. Updates with the applications and settings on the phone make a big difference as well when it comes to data usage. Keep in mind, with any purchase, you have a 14-day worry-free guarantee to try the phone out and make sure it's what you want (see more: http://spr.ly/66091TktV).

Does this help clear up the details?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes