Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Whats with the 600kbps hotspot limits?
Ewest2570

So called "unlimited" plan actually has limits. One of which is so mind bogglingly archaic, I can't wrap my head around it.

Up to 600KBPS mobile hotspot limitation ? In the 21st century? This is so unusable that Verizon should just get rid of it. How did Verizon come up with such a tiny number? Did they test it by going to text only websites? Why deceptively try to sell anyone on this idea that hotspots do anything but frustrate and confuse customers? Needless to say I will not be renewing the unlimited plan because its so pathetic that they limit you to caveman throttled speeds that its almost like a punishment for giving Verizon a try-

My configuration:

75.00 unlimited prepaid on mobile

Hotspot on iPad

Met my download limit after 5 days without realizing how awful "up to 600 kbps" throttling would be. Can barely enjoy the service without intense lag, timing out webpages and just generally annoying experience.

If Verizon is worried about governing speeds for all to enjoy, maybe they shouldn't advertise high speed greatness or they shouldn't sell so many spots. You wouldn't oversell theater seats and make people watch a play from a tv set when seats are filled. Be fair Verizon. You are taking advantage of sensationalizing your network and spitting in our face, essentially punishing us for using it.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic