Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,649 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Tower choosing band with weakest signal
Alcahuete
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the Verizon Level 1 and Level 2 techs. can't seem to figure it out, I figured I would ask here.  Maybe somebody has an idea.

My phone was constantly switching to Band 2, which has a horrible signal, and resulted in calls being missed, texts being missed, etc.  Band 4 gets all 5 bars, band 13 gets all 5 bars, yet the phone kept switching to band 2, which very occassionally gets 1 bar...normally 0, and constantly falls off the network.

Verizon claims to have sent people out to the tower and they couldn't find anything.  They had me change settings on my phone, change the Sim card, etc., and none of those things were the problem.  After trying everything they could think of, several techs. told me that they were 100% sure that the antenna on my phone went bad, and the phone would need to be replaced.

So last week, I got me a new S9+ and guess what?  Exact same problem.  The phone will stay on Band 4 and just randomly switch to Band 2 for absolutely no reason at all.  The phone is really nice for sure, but I really dislike having spent the money on a phone I didn't need, due to Verizon's screw up.

Does anybody have any ideas on this, because the Verizon techs. are completely lost and clueless.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic