Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,016 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Does the 4G Network Extender 2 work with prepaid?
noname427

I recently purchased a 4G LTE network extender 2, after the sales rep assured me it would work with my prepaid Verizon account. 

After setting everything up, when the extender is booting up it would eventually stop at step 9, and it's LCD would have the error message "device can't activate, call Verizon support". 

For others on these forums, this error message has meant that Verizon staff failed to properly enter the extender's MAC address into the Verizon system.  The tech support staff I spoke with all assured me that wasn't the case here. 

After spending 2.5 - 3.5 hours on the phone last night with three different tech support staff, none of whom could activate the device, and after talking with multiple support staff today via online chat, one tech eventually tells me that this device won't work with prepaid. 

Can anyone here give me a definitive answer, since the Verizon staff themselves apparently have no idea?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic