Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,690 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

4G Network Extender Issues
Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have had a 4g extender for over 8 months with no issues. I have had fantastic service since the day I plugged it in until about 4 weeks ago..

My phone seems to disconnect for the extender for no reason. I could be standing right next to it and the signal is gone and I have no service. The extender says "In Service". Then a few seconds later the signal will reappear and all is well. IF I have a signal and I make a call it works as it should, sounds like a land line, no noise and perfect reception. I can stay on the phone for hours with no issues. But if I hang up the phone the signal is gone. I have had my cable service (Spectrum) checked  and had no issues. I have changed routers to see if that was the problem with no luck. After spending 4 days and about 5 hours on the phone with Verizon tech support the only thing they can come up with is that there was a problem with  my phone. The Galaxy S7 worked fine for 8 months why would it stop all of a sudden. So I upgraded my phone to a Moto Z Force Droid great phone by the way and it does the same thing.

I guess my real question is can the extender go bad and still say "In Service" ?

I am not going to spend another $249 on another  extender if it is only going to last less than a year.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic