Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,841 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Prepaid, changing device.
Blued45

Hi.  We have had prepaid wireless with Verizon for probably over a year.  My wife brought her own phone  and I bought one through Verizon.  My wife's phone is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced.  I won't get into the hassle of trying to get a replacement through Verizon while keeping the existing phone number and account without paying full retail for the phone.  That aside, we bought a current, new in the box Verizon prepaid phone from an outside seller.  It's a Motorola g play.  My understanding is that the phone will come with a sim card, pre-installed. I assume it's removable. 

Here is my question ... What is the best way of trying to get this phone activated as the replacement for the existing phone?  I'd like to simply be able to go online and use the switch device feature on my account page of the website, if possible.  But should I put the sim from the current phone into the new phone?  Or, should I try it with the sim that comes pre-installed in the new phone?  I am hoping to avoid having to go to a Verizon wireless store to try and do this.  And finally, I should mention that I am not counting on this new phone being able to be swapped over easily, if at all.  I have had a long history with Verizon, Verizon wireless on contract and now Verizon prepaid.  It's been a rocky relationship.

Any other helpfull advice also appreciated.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic