Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,232 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Message+ Version - How to update?
dougschoenherr
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I have the same phones (Motorola Droid Z Play), got them at the same time, have done the same updates when they become available. We both use the Verizon Message+ app to send text messages. At some point, her phone updated the Message+ app to version 6.5.2 (with a round icon). My phone is still running version 6.4.42 (with square icon) and I am not being upgraded. I have gone to the Play Store and I am not being offered an update when I check on the app. My only options are to "open" the app, or to "uninstall" it. I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall (which would then lose all my archived message conversations with my contacts).

There are additional emoji's available in her version that do not exist in mine, so when she sends me a message with one of those emoji's, I get a little box with an "X" inside instead of the message she is trying to convey to me.

Is there a way to force the upgrade of the Verizon Message+ App on my device to match the version my wife is running on the same type of phone and not lose my archive of conversations with contacts?

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic